Chapter twenty-five: Rage

Chapter twenty-five: Rage (Faith's POV)

"Morning," I smiled at him while he leaned against his car. 

"Morning," he smiled back. "You look pretty," he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"We're late," I pulled away slowly. 

"Why do you do that?" He shook his head before opening the door for me. 

I laughed while getting and then he did too, driving us to school. We got there and headed straight to our lockers because we were late today. I have Math first lesson and he has math too, but with a different teacher than me. 

"I'll see you after the second period?" he asked. 

I had art and he had soccer. "Of course you will, I'll see you later, bye," I quickly kissed his cheek before getting to class. I sat in my seat, entering the class right before the teacher. The class began and it was going just fine until the door opened midway. 

"Can I help you?" our teacher asked. I didn't look up from my notes until I heard the voice of the person. 

"I've been switched into this class." I looked up and my eyes met with Cody's. 

"Reason?" Mr. Carrington questioned. 

"I requested a switch." 

Asshole. 

I rolled my eyes and got back to work. 

"Take a seat, please."

I heard footsteps before he sat down in the seat beside. Out of all days, today is the day that Daniel isn't here? 

"Not there, Mr. Davis! That's Daniel Anderson sits. The seat in front of that, please." 

Oh, thank you, Mr. Carrington. 

"Damnit," he groaned under his breath before moving. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and then spent the rest of the lesson like that didn't just happen. The bell rang and I was the first person to get the hell out of there. I stepped outside and looked to see if I could find Alex anywhere but began running to my next class when I saw Cody following me. 

I entered the classroom and sighed in relief when I took my seat next to Hayley. "Hey, you okay?" she asked in concern. 

"Cody's following me around," I mumbled so no one else would hear. 

"That fucking asshole," she whispered. 

x-X-x 

I was waiting for Alex at my locker and saw him at the end of the hall. I waved him over but someone grabbed my wrist, spinning me the other way. 

"Hey." I met Cody. 

"Cody, get the hell out of here," I tried pushing him off but he wouldn't budge. 

"What's the hurry, Faith? I just wanna talk." A sinister smile played on his lips. 

"Then get the fuck off of me," I pulled my wrist out of his grasp. 

"Oh honey, I-" 

He was cut off when I felt someone pull me away before Hayley grabbed my arm, making me walk away as I heard grunts, gasps, and crashing. "Hayley, wait!" I pulled away and ran back where I was, past the crowd that had already formed. 

"Faith, no!" Hayley screamed. 

My eyes widened and I gasped as I saw Alex punching Cody straight in the jaw. He cut his lip open before chuckling even after being down on the ground. "So full of rage," he taunted Alex.