Chapter twenty-five: Kodak

Chapter twenty-four: Kodak (Alex's POV)

I had a date planned today and I still hadn't told her. 

"We'll see you soon, Alex!" Mrs. Hughes waved goodbye. 

"So I'll see you Monday morning?" Faith asked while walking me to the end of her driveway as if I wasn't just living ten feet away. 

"You will see me in three hours," I smiled. 

"I will?" she questioned. 

"I'll pick you up at noon. It's a date." I leaned in teasingly. 

She looked at me suspiciously with a scrutinizing gaze. "And I dress formal or casual?" she inquired.

"Wear something pretty but not too formal," I replied. 

"Okay, I'll see you at noon," she kissed my cheek goodbye. 

I got home to my parents talking at the kitchen counter. "Hey," I said sheepishly. 

"Did her dad grill you?" My dad asked while sipping on his coffee. 

"Nope, he was just fine with it. Mom, can you make me a coffee while I go shower, please?" I asked. 

"Of course, honey," she smiled. 

I got upstairs and headed straight to my bathroom to shower and freshen up. I came out with my towel around my waist and began looking for something to wear. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants for now and headed downstairs. "Hi," I kissed my mom's cheek quickly while taking my coffee from her. 

"Put a shirt on, Alex. You'll catch a cold," she huffed at me. 

"I will, I will," I waved her off while sitting at the counter with my parents. 

My mom stomped upstairs and into my room, probably to get me a shirt. 

"I hope you're serious about Faith, son. She's a nice girl, different than the ones you're usually seen with. In a good way. Do you like her?" he arched an eyebrow at me. 

"I do, dad." I nodded while sighing. "I just don't know if she does," I huffed. 

"She does, just in case, keep your tricks up your sleeve and pull them out when needed. You happen to be a charmer like your mother," he rolled his eyes. 

My mom came down and threw my shirt at my face, "There you go, sweetie," she smiled sarcastically. 

I hung out with my parents for a while and watched some shows before deciding to go and get ready. I wore black jeans with a white button-up and I left the first two buttons down to keep it a little more casual. I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows before heading downstairs. "Bye, you guys!" I exclaimed. 

"Honey, wait!" My mom came running out. "Look what we found!" She panted a little. 

It was an old fashioned Kodak camera. The one that requires the photos to be developed in a certain way after the films are used up. "How old is that thing?" I laughed. "Last time I used that was when I was a kid," I ran my hand through my hair. 

"I think you should take it with you tonight. Use it. You can get the pictures developed later. There's a brand new film in here, not one picture has been taken," she handed it to me. "Plus, you're dressed like you're going on a date in the '90s anyway," she shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Sure thing, bye," I took the camera and kissed her cheek before heading out. I got to her door and rang the doorbell. 

Her dad answered the door and let me in. "She's not ready yet, feel free to make yourself at home," he said before disappearing into a room.