Chapter thirteen: Cheerleader

Chapter thirteen: Cheerleader (Faith's POV)

"Good luck," I kissed his cheek, making him smile before sitting on the benches while he went and began warming up for the captain tryouts. The doors to the gym opened and Cody walked in with Amber's arm latched onto his. 

I was expecting it to bother me a lot and it did, but just a little. 

I looked at Alex instead of them and I found myself smiling a little. 

What the hell is going on with us? 

"Who are you here for?" Amber spat while sitting beside me. I sighed and grabbed my bag before getting up and moving three seats over. 

"Alex," I answered. 

"H-he's trying out for captain?" 

That is the first time I've seen that bitch stutter. 

"Yeah, is that a problem for Cody?" I arched an eyebrow at her. She grabbed her purse and speed walked to Cody who was talking to someone. She whispered something in his ear and he turned to look in my direction. He rolled his eyes at me before saying something to her, sending her back to sit here. 

"Your boyfriend isn't gonna get it," she snickered while sitting beside me. 

"Okay," I scoffed, "That's why you panicked when I said he's trying out," I mumbled to myself while rolling my eyes. 

"Alright boys, gather around!" Coach Sanders shouted. All the guys jogged up to him and stood in a circle. "We'll split into two teams, no captains and then by the end of today, hopefully, we'll have a new captain for the basketball team. Now for the teams," he sighed. 

He began calling out names, each team standing on either side of him. "Alex, over here," Alex stood to his left. "Cody, this team," he put Cody in the same team as Alex. 

Oh no. 

They're not gonna let each other play and that'll get them both kicked off. 

"Coach Sanders!" My mom walked in with a few files in her hands. They were probably discussing the reason Chris was kicked off and then she closed the file and said something before walking out. 

"Cody, over there," Coach Sanders moved him. "Let's see what the captains of the soccer and football teams can do in basketball," he stepped off the court and the game began. Alex was scoring the majority for his team and Cody was doing the same for his and Alex's team was three points up. 

Alex jumped up to shoot and Cody elbowed him in the ribs and everyone saw that. Even Amber stood up and gasped. 

"Oh my god," I stood up and ran down to the court. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Alex stood up while wincing. 

"I'm just playing the game," he put his hands up in surrender. 

"Are you okay?" I asked while running to his side. 

"Davis! First and last warning!" Coach Sanders glared at him. 

"Alex, are you alright?" I held his arm. 

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," he sighed while glaring at Cody. 

"He can't even fucking play fair," I mumbled under my breath before Coach Sanders told me to get off the court so they could resume the game. We had ten minutes left Alex's team was in the lead by two points. 

"Sam, over here!" Alex yelled. He got the ball and jumped up to shoot only for Cody to pull the same fucking shit again. He still made the shot before he landed on the floor.