Chapter forty-one: Gloomy

Chapter forty-one: Gloomy (Faith's POV)

I woke up the next morning to Alex sleeping with his arms around me. I woke up and looked at the time on my phone. It was almost noon. I sighed and sat up slowly only for Alex to pull me back down. 

"Don't. Your parents said you get the day off and as your caretaker," he sighed, "I do too." 

I sighed, "And why does that mean I can't sit up?" I huffed while lifting an eyebrow at him. 

"Because love," 

That made my stomach flutter. 

"I want to cuddle, thank you very much." 

I chuckled and shook my head before opening the blinds and then lying back down with him. "The sky's gloomy today." I frowned. 

"Hmm, it's upset that you're upset," he kissed my cheek. 

"Who says I'm upset?" I asked. 

"The fact that you cried all day yesterday," he tucked my hair behind my ear. 

"He scares me a lot," I mumbled while snuggling further into Alex. 

"You don't have to let him do that, I'll always be here to help, babe." He kissed my forehead. 

"You want your coffee?" I asked. 

"Sure, let's just brush our teeth then we can make breakfast," he said. We went into my bathroom and brushed our teeth. I washed my face while he just splashed water on his before we went downstairs. 

I heated the water and made him his coffee while making myself a tea. We sat on the couch in silence, just observing the moment I guess. Once we finished we started talking after playing Friends. 

"You're okay, right?" He twirled a strand of my hair while his arm was around me, resting on the couch. 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded while turning to face him. "I just wish we could get rid of him so I'd never have to see him again." I huffed. My phone rang on the coffee table in front of me. It was Hayley. I picked up but instead of her voice, I heard my mom's. 

"I would like to talk to Mr. Davis," she said. 

Did she walk into his class? 

"Do you need him to leave class?" the teacher asked. 

"Oh no, I can talk to him right here," she replied. "Mr. Davis, you're expelled from Northridge High," she announced. 

"What? What is this for? I didn't even do anything!" I heard a chair screech so I knew he stood up. I put the phone on speaker for Alex to hear. 

"I said, you're expelled from Northridge High, Mr. Davis. Unless you want me to announce the reason, you might want to call your parents back in," she said. 

"Why don't you just announce the reason if it's even valid," he scoffed. 

"You're expelled for the harassment of a fellow student, to be more specific, my daughter." 

Alright then. 

"But I-" he started again but she cut him off. 

"After repeated warnings, Mr. Davis, you harassed my daughter. You assaulted her, sir. And the fact that it took a warning from the cops to keep you away, is appalling," she said sternly. 

"That's not valid! That's something personal between your daughter and me, Mrs. Hughes," he reasoned.