Chapter Seventeen: Two plus two

Chapter Seventeen: Two plus two (Faith's POV)

What the hell did I just do? Why did I just do that? What the fuck was I thinking? 

"What was that?" he chuckled softly. 

"I-I don't know, I'm sorry," I pushed myself off of him and stood up. I took steps back while he stood up. "I should go." My back ran into his desk. 

"Faith," he chuckled while walking up to me, trapping me between him and the desk when he placed both arms on either side of me. "Faith, why did you just kiss me?" he interrogated. 

"I don't know," I breathed. He looked at the ground before his eyes flickered back up to mine. 

"Why'd you do it?" he pressed further. 

"I said I don't know," I stared into his eyes. 

"Why'd you kiss me?" 

Is this guy deaf? 

"How many times are you going to ask me this?" I rolled my eyes in frustration. 

"As many times as it takes for you to tell me the reason, even if you only know it subconsciously," he shrugged. "No one was watching, no one's gonna talk about it, it's not gonna spread. So then why kiss me?" he arched an accusing eyebrow at me. 

"For practice?" I lied pathetically. Hey, at least I didn't stutter. 

"Really?" he deadpanned. 

"No," I sighed, "I don't know why I did it. It was on impulse," I shrugged. 

"What made you wanna do it impulsively?" he asked, still not moving. 

"Alex, I have to get home." I reasoned. 

"Faith," he said my name slowly. 

"Alex," I said mockingly. 

"Faith," he smiled. 

"Alex," I smiled. 

"Faith," he whispered while leaning. 

Hearing him say my name was nice, it did something. 

"Alex," I mocked. 

He didn't say my name again, he was just standing there, his lips hovering over mine with a smile dancing on his lips. 

"Can I go?" I whispered. 

"Mm-mm," he shook his head. 

"Please?" I asked. 

"Nope," he smirked while shaking his head. 

"Did you down the bottle of painkillers or something?" I questioned. 

"Maybe," he shrugged. I glanced at his nightstand to see the bottle still there. 

So he wasn't on drugs, good to know. 

"What do you want?" I sighed in defeat.

"I want that kiss again," he smirked. 

"What? No," I scoffed, "Absolutely not," I chuckled humorlessly. 

"You gave it earlier," he argued. 

"I reacted to the proximity," I reasoned. 

"This is closer than that," he gestured to the distance between us with his finger. True, it was closer than that. 

"I said no," I huffed.