Chapter twenty-four: Face masks and Friends

Chapter twenty-three: Face masks and Friends (Faith's POV)

"Night," I pushed myself off his car window to head into my house. 

"Wait, what's the rush?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. 

"I've been standing here for ten minutes and we've said bye ten times," I laughed. 

"Don't leave! What am I gonna do at home?" he arched an eyebrow at me. 

"That's your problem, not mine," I shrugged. 

"What are you gonna do?" he questioned. 

"I'm gonna take a long shower, apply a face mask and watch Friends," I answered truthfully. 

"Can I do all of that with you?" he smirked. 

"You already took a shower at school, tough luck," I shrugged, biting back a laugh at his pout. "But if you want to apply face masks and watch Friends then I think you can come over. I'll just have to ask," I said. 

"Can I ask? I think I'm more persuasive than you are." 

I'd like to see him try. 

"Sure, come on in," I backed away and he stepped out, entering my house with me. We walked in and were greeted by my parents sitting at the kitchen counter, my dad had his glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose while going through college papers while my mom finished cleaning up. 

"Hey, you guys!" My mom greeted us cheerfully. 

"Hey," I kissed my dad's cheek and then my mom's while Alex stood there. "Alex just came to drop me home, even though he lives next door," I whispered the last part to Alex while I went and stood beside him. 

"I actually came to ask you two for permission," he began. "I was wondering if I could-" 

Cat got his tongue. 

"Can he stay here for a while? We wanted to hang out a little longer but I didn't want to stay out of the house." I spoke up. 

"Have you kids seen the time?" My dad took his glasses off and turned to us. 

"Yes, we have, which is exactly why I thought it would be better to hang out in the house rather than out and about," I raised my eyebrows at him. I have a way with words, a silver tongue but I'm really just good with twisting words. That makes me sound like such a snake. I'm not, I swear. 

"The door stays open," my dad huffed. 

"Richard! Give them some privacy. Go ahead," she waved his hand dismissively. 

"Just a few hours!" My dad called after us. I shook my head while turning the lights on in my room and heading straight to my closet. I grabbed a pair of pajamas. 

"Feel free to do whatever you like, I'll be out in a bit," I said to him before going into my bathroom and taking a shower. Not a long one because he was outside and he would get bored to death. I came out with my hair towel-dried and comfy pajamas on and he was just lying on my bed, staring up at my ceiling fan. 

"Have you been doing that the entire time?" 

He got startled and fell right off the bed. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I laughed. 

"Sure you didn't," he rolled his eyes. 

"Face masks?" I arched an eyebrow at him. 

"Sure, why not?" he shrugged nonchalantly. I went into the bathroom and came out with a face mask. He just sat there while I stood there, waiting for him to brush his hair back but I don't think he was getting the hint.