Chapter forty-nine: Teams

Chapter forty-nine: Teams (Faith's POV)

I woke up the next morning to Alex not beside me. I pouted while going downstairs to see him cooking. Shirtless. And what a sight for sore eyes that is. I walked up behind him. "Boo," I whispered in his ear. 

"I heard you," he chuckled while I wrapped my arms around his torso. 

"What are you making?" I asked while standing on my toes and resting my chin on his shoulder. 

"Breakfast for you," he replied, kissing the side of my head quickly. 

"Hash browns?" I smiled. 

"Yup," he replied. 

"Mwah!" I kissed his cheek before sitting on the counter and watching. Once he was done cooking, he put them out on a plate and held it out for me to take. I didn't take it, I just opened my mouth. 

He chuckled before feeding me a piece after waiting for it to cool down. As I ate it, the bell rang. I hopped off and answered the door. 

"Yoo-hoo!" Hayley skipped inside. What makes them come here in the freaking mornings? Who does that? "Ooh! Hash browns," she began taking it from Alex but he smacked her hand away. 

"Not for you," he smirked before handing me the plate. Alex and I split it while Hayley glared at us. I laughed before hugging her as I left the empty plate in the sink. 

"Alex, we came with an idea for today," Daniel chuckled while taking out a bunch of packets of water balloons. 

"What's that?" Alex asked. 

"We're going to have a water balloon fight. In teams." Wow, who would have guessed that's what we would be doing? Not me! Note the sarcasm. 

"Me and Faith?" Alex questioned. 

"Nope, me and Faith," Daniel threw his arm around my shoulder. 

"Why?" he chuckled. 

"Because otherwise, it's too boring, come on, go change, meet us in the backyard!" Daniel pushed us to the stairs. 

I caught myself before I tripped and went upstairs in confusion. I grabbed a tank top and some shorts and changed in the bathroom while Alex changed out in the room. I came outside while tying my hair up in a high ponytail before we went back downstairs, into the backyard. "So how are we doing this?" I asked while helping Daniel fill up our bucket while Alex and Hayley filled up theirs. 

"You guys already have more than us," Hayley whined. 

"Yeah, because I was actually filling the water balloons up," Daniel snickered. 

She huffed while Alex and I gave each other a look. By the time we were done filling them up, my fingers were close to numb. 

"I'll do the last few," Daniel said. 

"No, it's fine. I'll help," I shrugged. I did a few more before giving up and letting Daniel do the rest. Once we were done, we went to our side of the backyard and grabbed a few each. "How do we decide who the losers are?" I asked. 

"The ones wetter," Alex smirked. I shook my head at the innuendo and threw one at him, hitting his shoulder. He shook his head at me before throwing one back which I dodged. We ran left and right within our side and got soaked, a little bruised and let out a lot of screams. Mainly Hayley and me. 

While we were throwing water balloons at each other, somehow Alex and Daniel managed to switch locations.