Chapter eighteen: Poison

Chapter eighteen: Poison (Faith's POV)

"Bye!" I kissed my mom and dad's cheeks before running out the door. "Hey," I raised my eyebrows while walking up to Alex who was leaning against his car. 

"Morning," he smiled while walking to the passenger side with me and opening the door for me. 

"Thanks," I kissed his cheek before getting in. 

"You seem chirpy," he chuckled while getting in the driver's seat and beginning to drive to school. 

"Something's in the air," I shrugged. "How's the bruise?" I turned him. 

"It's better, it should be gone within the next two days," he glanced at me. 

"I'll ask you again, how's the bruise?" I could see through his lie. I don't know how, but I could. 

"Hurts like a bitch but nothing I can't take," he admitted. 

"Can I see?" I asked. He nodded while turning the corner. I lifted his shirt and oh my god was that nasty. It was all shades of purple, blue, red and black and it looked worse than yesterday but that's how bruises heal, don't they? They happen and look all red and yellow and then look horrifying before disappearing. 

"Looks better," I lied. 

"I looked in the mirror you know," he gave me a pointed look while parking the car. I smiled at him innocently as he turned the car off. "Still hurts to the touch?" I questioned. 

"Not as much," he replied. "Do you wanna hang out here for a while? We're pretty early," sipped on his coffee. 

"Sure," I shrugged in response. He handed me his coffee while going through his bag, looking for something and I made the mistake of taking a sip and lord have mercy. "What the fuck do you drink?" I looked at it in disgust while my nose scrunched up. 

"Coffee?" he looked at me. 

"That is not coffee. That is poison, buddy." I handed it back to him. 

"It's black coffee." He looked at me like I was exaggerating. 

"I know what black coffee tastes like, I don't like that as it is because I don't drink coffee but this is too much. You are not having this from tomorrow," I ordered. 

"Oh, what will I have then?" he leaned his elbow on the armrest, inching closer to me. 

"I will make your coffee every damn day if I have to but this- absolutely not," I shook my head. 

"Well, I would love for you to make me coffee every damn day," he smiled cheekily. 

"Do you really want me to?" I asked because I would love to make him coffee every day. 

"Yeah," he nodded. 

"I'll bring you some tomorrow, you can try it out, tell me how you like it." I shrugged. 

"Well, if you make it I'm sure I'll like it," he smirked while grabbing my hand and holding it in his. 

"Someone's feeling flirty," I laughed while turning to face him completely, crossing my legs and sitting up. 

"Mm-hmm," he nodded before puckering up. I laughed and pecked his lips before noticing the parking lot filling up. We grabbed our stuff and headed into the building and we were at our lockers when I noticed Daniel and Hayley walking in together. 

Am I missing something? 

Alex and I looked at each other before turning to see Hayley and Daniel flirting with each other. Their body language gave it away very clearly. We gave each other the look before walking up to them, using the opportunity to tease them.