12

Jordan

I open my eyes to see a beautiful girl sleeping peacefully on my chest. The light is shining in through her curtains signaling that its morning.
Wait a minute. Oh shit.

I reach over and grab my phone from the bedside table and check the time.
9am. Shit shit shit shit.

I hate to wake Sabrina but I have no choice. I gently shake her.

She flutters her eyes open.
"Sabrina wake up we slept until morning!"

"What what time is it?" She says, her voice raspy as she's not fully awake yet.

"It's 9am!" I exclaim.

Her head shoots up as she widens her eyes. "Shit! Shit shit shit shit!"

I get up and grab my shirt as she runs to her closet and pulls out some pajamas. I put my shirt on.

Sabrina

"Okay um...uh..." I try and think of what he should do. "You have to sneak out. I think people might be home."

He nods in understandment and glances around. I walk over to the door and stick my head out. I can't hear any noise. I look back at Jordan. "Wait here." I whisper.
I slowly walk out of my room and glance over the railing of the stairs. The living room door is open, and I can see Sarah sitting on the couch on her laptop.

I quickly walk back to my room and close the door.
"Sarah's home." I say groaning.

"I'll sneak out the window." He suggests walking over to the window. He opens it.

"Baby are you sure? It's pretty high up." I say walking over to him. He smirks and turns to me.
"I'll be fine, I'll figure a way down."

He senses I look worried for him and gently takes my chin with his fingertips. "Don't worry." He chuckles and places a kiss on my lips. I smile as we pull away.

"I'll text you later." He smiles as he starts to climb out the window.
"Bye." I smile at him. He smiles back and starts to climb down. I close the window.

I sigh and walk over to my bed and grab the pajamas that I got out. I pull my clothes off that I was wearing last night and slip on the pajamas, so it won't look like I slept in my clothes.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs. I walk into the living room where Sarah is.

"Hey Sabrina." She greets me. Hopefully she didn't look in my room last night.

"Hey." I say.

She looks at me and smirks. "How was your date last night?"

I roll my eyes. "It wasn't a date." I lie.

She smirks and nods. "Oh not a date? Not a date? Then what's uh, what's that then?" She raises her eyebrows and points to just below my neck. I look down and quickly button my shirt more so it's covering the hickey that Jordan gave me.

"Oh uh that." I laugh nervously. "I accidentally scratched myself." I say. The lamest excuse ever.

She nods. "Oh so, it's NOT a hickey?"
"No." I say, lying my ass off. I guess this is where my acting skills come in handy outside the studio.

She eyes me. "Okay." She says, rolling her eyes.

I mentally sigh of relief, although I'm not sure if she one hundred percent believes me.

Jordan

I park my car in the driveway and get out, making sure to not make noise while closing the door.

I peer into the window into the hallway and see dad walking through the hallway, towards my room. Luckily he's not facing me so he can't see me. I quickly race around the house to my bedroom window. Luckily there's a ladder there from the last time I snuck out, which was for an art competition I wanted to go to.

I quickly climb the ladder and push my window open, and climb in with a crash to the floor. I quickly get up and jump into my bed, throwing the covers over me so I don't expose what I'm wearing. I quickly pretend to be asleep.

Without knocking, dad swings my door open.
"We're leaving in ten." He says before closing my door and walking away from my room. I sigh of relief.

•••

I walk downstairs fully dressed and into the kitchen. Dad is in there cooking something.

I sit down at the table and poor myself some cereal with the cereal first.

"Where were you this morning?" Dad says without looking up from what he was doing.

Oh fuck.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about." I say mid spoonful of cereal. "I was asleep in my bed."

"Don't lie to me boy." He says, still not looking up. "If you're gonna stay out all night, at least leave your car."

Shiiiiiit. He knows now, cause my car wasn't there when he came home.

"And you weren't here when I got up this morning."

Fuck. I forgot that he gets up at like 5am everyday and goes over his work.

"Okay." I sigh. But there's no way I'm gonna tell the truth. "I fell asleep while playing video games with my friends. We didn't mean to stay out until morning." I lie. I'll be lucky if he believes me, since I just came up with that on the spot.

He eyes me. "Really? What were you playing?"

"NHL2k20." I lie. Damn, my brain is on a roll with all this quick thinking.

He rolls his eyes and goes back to his cooking.
"Well hurry up, we're going to meet the editors soon."

I smile. "Okay." I say, mentally high fiving myself.

"And don't stay out that long again, ya hear?"

I nod. "Sorry dad, it won't happen again." I finish my breakfast, satisfied with my lying ability. I know it's not good to lie or anything, but when it might cost Sabrina her job? I've gotta.