14

Jordan

I'm planning on taking Sabrina on a hike to a really nice cabin up this mountain near the Hollywood sign.
Lucky I found it while searching on google for 'romantic places to take your girlfriend near Hollywood.' Google can do wondrous things if you need ideas. But now I'll be seeing ads for romantic stuff and hikes randomly while I scroll through Instagram.

I'm at home right now. After booking our place in one of the cabins, I decide to walk around the house. I do this sometimes when I'm bored and need a break from my phone.

I walk through the halls, and notice the light is on in the room mom and dad used to sleep in. We did nothing with that room since mom left. After he moved into a different room, Dad didn't talk about it and he didn't want to do anything with it, so we just left it.

I peer into the room and see dad sitting on the bed, with a box is his hand, which has a bunch of random stuff in it like old rolls of used and unused film, and a bunch of other stuff. He's looking at an old picture of him and my mom.

He looks a little bit distraught, like he's deep in thought.

The wood creeks under my shoe and dad looks up at where I'm standing at the door. He instantly looks at me, removing his distraught face and replacing it with a stern one.

"What are you doing in here." He asks me, quickly putting away the picture and taking out some rolls of film.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, raising my eyebrow.

"For your information I was getting some rolls of film out so I could sell them." He replies, putting the box on the shelf. He walks over to the door and I back out as he steps out closing the door. "What were you doing?"

"I just saw the light on and just wanted to see what was going on." I reply.

"Oh, well nothing is going on." He says, his eyes full and expressionless. "You should go to bed, we've got to be up early to go to the studio."

I nod and he walks away. I watch as he leaves. He shakes his head and goes into the kitchen, and closes the door.

I walk upstairs to my room.
Dad looked kind of sad as he looked at the picture. It's been almost 14 years since mom left, and dad hasn't dated anyone since. I guess maybe he misses her, but the thing is, he never wants to talk about her. I don't know if he will ever want to. I don't know how he feels about any of it. But I think he might feel a little bit guilty for my sake, I don't know why though. Maybe he's mad at mom for leaving her son, and for leaving him. I don't remember much from back then, but I remember them fighting from time to time.". He was always the one to calm me down if I ever got upset about it. In fact, I hardly remember mom ever being a mom, it was usually dad taking care of me. The only thing I wish he would've changed was not forcing all this movie stuff on me. I never knew why he wanted me to do it, cause like I said, maybe he wanted me to be more like him, and not mom.
Maybe one day he will want to talk about it.

•••

Sabrina

Joey, Liza and I, are all hanging out in my room. We're watching Mean Girls.

"Oh my god Danny DeVito I love your work!" Liza quotes as the girl in the movie tells Damien to 'get outta here!' while Cady, Damien and Janis are in the girls bathroom talking about how Regina George invited Cady to hang out with the plastics.

Thank the lordy lord the subject of Jordan hasn't come up. Liza is staying quiet about it, and Joey hasn't said anything about it.

"I would kill to be in the Broadway Musical of Mean Girls." I say.

"Maybe you will one day." Joey suys, smiling.

I laugh. "As if." I say, quoting Clueless this time.

"I heard they were holding auditions for Mean Girls soon, you should audition." Liza suggests.

I raise my eyebrows. It has been a dream of mine to be in a Mean Girls musical for a while. That would be the best thing ever if I got cast.

"Maybe I will." I say.

"Yeah, you can bring your boyfriend Jordan with you for support." Joey says, still looking at the screen.

I quickly shoot Liza a shocked glance, and she looks back at me confused.

I nervously laugh. "He's not my boyfriend."

She looks at me and raises her eyebrow. "Uh, I was joking..." she says.

I mentally sigh of relief. I laugh. It's not like I thought she might've found out somehow.
I feel kind of guilty for not telling Joey. It's like I'm leaving her out. If Liza knows, then Joey should get to know too. I'm gonna have to talk to Jordan about this. Maybe I'll talk to him during our three day romantic trip.

He hasn't told me where we're going yet, but he asked me if I like hiking, which I said I do, so I think I can guess what we're doing.

My feelings for him are growing stronger everyday. I think I'm almost past 'liking' him, and onto something more. He makes me feel... I can't even describe it. Like breathing in the air on a private island, or like flowers in the springtime. Does he feel the same though? I know he definitely likes me. I don't even know myself yet. I think I want to wait a little bit longer until I confirm my feelings are valid, but I don't think it will be much longer, because I think I'm falling for that guy fast.