Chapter: 1 [Edited]

Third Person POV:

A golden-haired child ran in a field of beautiful blue flowers, squealing in joy as the soft petals licked her bare feet. Beside the girl ran another giggling as she looked behind her through the almost black wisps of her hair. Behind the two was their father, arms outstretched as he tried to catch the two little monsters he called his daughters. It was a bright summer day and yet the brightest thing in that field was their smiles and laughter.

The young father smiled as he swooped to his youngest daughter throwing her in the air only to catch her again. She was still a small little thing, barely four years old so she still fit in just one of his arms, he used it to his advantage as he started mercilessly tickling the golden-haired child with his other hand.

She screeched and tried desperately to beg for mercy, but she couldn't get enough air to ask. She only finally received air when her older sister kicked her father's shin, "Let go of Farron!" she called out and only to realized her mistake.

The man quickly feigned an injury and collapsed on both of the girls, "Oh no!" he exclaimed, "I can't get up!" He chuckled under his breath realizing he just made it seem like a six-year-old took him down, even though this six-year-old was capable of doing so.

The youngest girl wriggled under his weight for a few moments until she realized it was no use, instead deciding on a different approach. "It'll be okay Willow," she quickly whispered to her sister, seeing a way out, "Dad," she squealed this time to her father, "get off of us!"

He rolled off of his daughters and together they stared at the clouds above, all three of them lost in thought. The man loved his children with all of his heart, but he knows the world would not accept them. So he, his wife and his children live in the middle of nowhere, away from prying eyes. His children are different, a good kind of different. However, others wouldn't see it that way. His children have natural mutations that allow them to mentally mature faster and make them mentally and physically stronger and faster than the average person.

What the man is probably most afraid of though is when they will be found. Years before they were born he and his wife were discovered by Shield and placed on the Index due to their irregularities. It's only a matter of time before Shield finds out about their children and comes for them, they feel lucky as it is that they haven't been discovered yet.

"Tommy!" The man lifted his head at the sound of his name and looked into the distance at his house, "Time for dinner!" The voice called again and he sighed standing to his feet, his daughters quickly following suit.

"Race you back to the house!" called Willow over her shoulder, already breaking into a run and drawing a chuckle from her father.

"Aww Wil, that's not fair, you got a head start!" Farron raced after her sister, leaving her father alone in the middle of the field. He smiled to himself and started to slowly jog after them, they were both faster than him no questions asked, even with his unique abilities.

Thomas reached the back door soon after his daughters did and entered the house. Standing in the doorway was his wife and even after twenty years of knowing each other, she's still the most beautiful thing in the world to him. Smiling, he pulled the woman to him and gently placed a kiss on her cheek, chuckling when both his daughters groaned in disgust. "Smells delicious Beth."

After, the family quickly sat down at the table, Thomas and Willow sharing a look that the other two missed. The mother furrowed her brows in confusion, it was quiet, too quiet. Narrowing her eyes at her oldest daughter, she chanced a question, "Willow, what did you do in school today?"

The small girl merely shrugged, not making eye contact with her mother as her dark locks of hair covered her chocolate-colored eyes. She glanced at her other daughter, nothing seemed to be wrong with her. Farron bouncing in her seat at the table shoveling mac n cheese into her mouth was not out of the ordinary, but Willow being quiet at the table was.