Chapter: 20 [Edited]

One Year Later

Farron's POV

Alarms were going off everywhere around the compound and there were soldiers running in every direction to different rooms. The normal pattern was gone and was now replaced with panicked movements. I run to the main control room with Dimlay hot on my heels and relief rushes through me as I see the twins in a dark corner observing the frantic soldier around them. I easily pushed away the distracting thoughts of everyone within a mile radius and walked to them, making sure I was touching them in some way as a form of comfort for not only myself but for them too.

Dimlay began pacing the closed quarters and his ears flicked in irritation as the alarms continued to attack his eardrums. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the closest ones to us. He's been very irritable lately since he's now full grown, he's as tall as Pietro and four feet wide. He bumps into everything and knocks down people and objects wherever he goes. The twins, and I find it very entertaining, especially when he scares the new recruits when he growls at things that waver when his fur brushes up against it.

Strucker rushed into the room, and he looked mad, "Who gave the order to attack?" I watch carefully, assessing everything going on, I've never seen the base so frantic before.

A man at the controls closer to Strucker spoke, "Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers. They landed in the far woods, the perimeter guard panicked."

I glared irritatedly at the ground, I trained most of the soldiers here and made sure they would never panic under intense situations. When I get my hands on that soldier he'll wish he was never born. When I focused back on my father he was speaking to Doctor List quietly, "Then let's show them what we've accomplished. Send out your daughter and the twins."

"It's too soon," my father rushed to say. He's worried about us, he's been on edge since Willow died and Werner left but he knows we can take care of ourselves, even with the Avengers involved.

"It's what they signed up for." List tried to reason with Strucker, but I knew he wouldn't budge so I turned Wanda and Pietro. We smiled, we're going to take things into our own hands.

We quickly disappeared from the control room and found a vacated hallway. "What's the plan?" Pietro asked, he looked like he was going to start shaking, he's excited to be in a real fight and not on a stealth mission.

"I want to stay here," Wanda said and I looked at her in surprise, "I want to play some mind games with anyone who gets this far into the compound."

"Alright," I say smiling evilly, "Dimlay, Pietro, and I will head outside and make a mess of things," I turn slightly to the silver-haired quickster beside me, "how much damage do we want to do?"

He and Wanda smiled at each other, "As much as we want." Dimlay sneezed in annoyance beside us, he doesn't like it when we bring so much attention to ourselves, he just wants us safe. Wanda departs from us after giving each of us, including Dimlay, a firm hug.

"You go ahead, Dimlay, and I will follow after, he's fast but not fast enough to keep up with you," I tell Pietro and he nods with a smirk and runs off leaving a trail of blue mist behind him.

I turned to climb on Dimlay's back but feeling a gust of wind I turned and came face to face with Pietro. He grinned and pulled me closer to him by my waist, "I forgot something," he whispered and then his lips were on mine and I smiled. They were soft and held the promise of returning to me.

Pietro pulled away, the smile remained on my face, "Be safe," I said and then he ran waving a dismissive hand at me. He's too cocky for his own good, I guess I'll have to kick him down a few notches later.