Chapter: 24 [Edited]

Farron's POV

We got back to the house right before dusk and imagine my surprise when Mr. Stark and Steve were chopping wood. I smirked, "Wow, Mr. Stark doing his own heavy lifting, shocker."

"Yeah, whatever, Sparrow," he grumbled and I stopped in my tracks at the name he'd just called me.

"The name is Farron, not Sparrow," I said glaring at the billionaire but before either of us could do any more damage Clint grabbed my arm.

"Don't take it personally," he said, sending Stark a look, "at least he doesn't call you Legalos. Steve is Capsicle. Thor is Point Break. The nicknames never end, just be happy you didn't get anything too bad."

I sighed and we walked into the house where three sets of eyes landed on us, "And where have you been?" Laura asked, placing her hands on her hips and I smirked.

"Don't worry Mrs. Barton," I said and she narrowed her eyes at me, "I kept him out of trouble, can't say the same for myself though." I let my eyes travel to my siblings who were staring at me anxiously, "Can I talk to you guys?"

They both quickly nodded and I walked outside to the front yard where neither Steve nor Tony could hear us, leaving Dimlay inside to freak Clint out with his mind speaking. I held out the picture of our broken family to them and they hesitantly took it, "I brought this from the house," I said and Willow took it gently from my hands.

She sighs and stares at the picture longer, "I honestly forgot what they looked like," she mumbled to herself and Volher nodded his head.

I rubbed my hands together and gave them both meaningful looks, "I'm just going to lay it all out okay?" I asked and both of my siblings nodded, "I am not the same little sister you remember," I began and silenced Volher with a look when he started to speak, "I'm not a go-lucky little girl anymore who sees the world as an exciting place. The world ripped me apart and slammed me back together again more times than I can count and it's affected me more than I would like to admit. Please don't expect me to trust you with the trust siblings should have, it's just not something I can easily do. There are six people in this world that I currently trust and two of them I'm still not positive on, so please be patient."

"I don't understand," Volher said in irritation and for some reason his consciousness felt different, "Why wouldn't you trust us? We're your blood, shouldn't we be the first ones for you to trust?" Willow went to stop him but he kept talking, "I think I should be able to have the trust of my little sister who I've waited for for so long, don't you?" He was angry and I could understand that, but what I couldn't understand was why he wasn't trying to understand where I was coming from.

"Volher, calm down," Willow said softly in an attempt to bring sense to our suddenly uncharacteristic brother.

"No," he said and narrowed his eyes at me, "explain to me why you can't trust us because I'm pretty sure someone who's waited years to see his siblings should be trusted by said siblings."

"Being an assassin doesn't give me the privilege to trust people for reasons as simple as blood," I say simply, "I don't trust either of you. Willow left me to find a better life and left me to deal with her fake death. Like it or not Volher I haven't seen you since you were eight, I don't know the person you are anymore. As happy as I am that we're in the same place together for the first time in fifteen years I can't bring myself to trust either of you."

"That's not fair, Farron," Volher said childishly and I arched an eyebrow unbelievingly while Willow rolled her eyes.

"How is it that no matter our age difference I'm still the most mature?" I asked in disbelief and sadness. I want more than anything to be able to trust my siblings again but Volher is just giving me more reasons not to. The way he's acting isn't like how he has been when we were with him earlier.