Chapter: 10 [Edited]

Three Years Later

Farron's POV

The airfield was loud, there were people talking, yelling, and fighting with each other, but it gradually got quieter as I got farther into the crowd, my suit and hood hiding my features. Everyone knew who I was though, agents and soldiers made a path for Dimlay and I as we made our way to our jet, I glared at anyone who made eye contact while Dimlay snarled at them. He understands that I don't like being around people and will do anything to keep me from having to deal with them unless it's absolutely necessary.

The jet wasn't the nice kind of jet I rode on when I first came to Sokovia but it can fly so I don't have much to complain about. I made myself comfortable on the cruddy seat closest to the door and Dimlay laid himself by my feet. "I suppose I should ask Strucker where we're going this time," I mumbled to myself and searched for the bond between our two minds.

Strucker, I say and his mind opens up to mine, letting me know he's listening, where are we going this time?

You are going to Budapest, he says and I frown slightly, I've never been there before. Or more specifically the Fisherman's Bastion. You will be meeting with an informant at 11:30 pm in the South corridor who has intel on who Hawkeye really is. I'll be sending Werner in as backup, you won't see him unless you need him, this will be different from your older missions. If we can find some leverage or family we can get him to stop coming after us, to stop coming after you and Werner.

I sent amusement through our connection and replied with a smirk on my face that he couldn't see, Strucker, no matter what, people are always going to come after Werner Dimlay and me. We got ourselves in a big mess and I don't think we're getting out of it any time soon.

Well I'll be damned if we don't try, he grumbled back to me, then said words that made my mind halt, I can't lose you two like we lost Willow, I won't.

The jet started to descend and I snapped myself out of my daze, The jet's landing, I'll contact you after I've made contact. Then I cut the connection quickly standing from my seat and stepping over the wolf, startling him.

"Sorry Dimmi," I shuffle over to the door and motion for him to follow, "Come on, I've got to get you a vest, it'll be easier to get around places if they think you're a support dog." Dimlay growled and I laughed, "Oh, I'm sorry, support wolf." I stood in front of the door and allowed the white wisps and tendrils to stitch a service dog vest big enough to fit Dimlay and a leash to go with it. "I know you hate this but you can take it off as soon as this mission is over, now come here so I can put this on."

He stalked over to me and I struggled to get his paws and his head through the annoying holes of the vest. Just a little slower, I've got all day, he said sarcastically to me and in response I flicked his ear making him shy away from me.

"Come on, let's go see what time it is in this part of the world," I said as I took a hold of the leash and stepped out of the jet where I'm met with darkness. "Looks like it's night time, we should head to the Bastion." He grumbled but followed me anyways through the dark and quiet city, sniffing the air searching for nothing in particular.

As we entered the South corridor Dimlay tensed and growled, near the end was a man tied up with a man and woman leaning against the railing flipping a knife in her hands. "You know I've been waiting days for you to show up, I was getting a little bored without something to entertain me." The woman said in fluent Russian, making the man turn in surprise since he hadn't noticed me yet.

I broke down the vest and leash on Dimlay and we slowly started to approach the man woman. Strucker didn't say anything about whether or not I could fight if anyone intervened so I might as well have some fun. "Sorry to keep you waiting," I said just as fluently as the woman too started walking to meet us while the man hung back, "perhaps I can make it up to you in some way."