Chapter: 25 [Edited]

Pietro's POV

Wanda and I walked through the hallways of Helen Cho's research lab and to say the least, I was impressed. Wanda, Farron, Dimlay, and I had infiltrated dozens of research facilities and had seen lots of advanced technology but none like this.

The hallways were quiet since Ultron had done something to make the staff cooperate but that only gave me more room to run. I couldn't bring myself to run though, the memory of lowering Farron to the ground as she whimpered from the nightmare Wanda showed her has been eating away at me.

"Stop worrying P," Wanda said in slight irritation but I could see the worry lines on her face, "Farron is strong and if she had a problem with what happened she would have contacted us immediately." She paused and her steps faltered for a moment, "Beside, I'm sure she's safe with the ones she knew before she joined Hydra. I saw her memories and they all still care for her deeply."

"I can't help worrying," I mumbled to her and slowed my pace to one Farron would walk at. She had such unique footsteps, like a dancer, a dangerous dancer. "What if it did something to her, what if it changed her?"

Wanda scoffed, "Farron? Change? Because of a fear?" She rolled her eyes and chuckled, "When Farron is afraid she faces it head on with a plan. When she comes out of this she'll likely figure out that none of it was real within just a few minutes." She paused and smiled, "In fact, she's been out of my control for a while. She's strong, you just need to trust her."

"I do trust her," I say glaring slightly at my twin for thinking I didn't, "I trust her strength and willpower. What I don't trust is how everyone else you 'infected' will react. What if they hurt her while she's weakened?"

"They won't be able to," Wanda said with a devilish smirk, "Ultron said to mess with their minds. He doesn't know that Dimmi is as intelligent as he is. I didn't 'infect' him, he will protect her."

I smiled and went to speak but my ears started ringing and my head started hurting like it never had before. I was shocked to say the least when I opened my eyes back up and found myself beside Farron. I wasn't the only one either, Wanda, Werner, and Bucky were there too.

"What's going on?" Bucky asked and looked around anxiously until his eyes landed on Farron, "Birdie?" We all approached her but she couldn't see us, she was looking straight ahead like a statue at what was unfolding around her.

Captain America was talking to a man who had the same eyes as her and hair as her sister. He was angry and all of his anger was directed towards Farron. He screamed and pushed her but she didn't respond, she didn't even blink.

Werner walked up to her and stood beside her, "Farron, can you see me?" When there was no response he tried to touch her shoulder but his hand went right through her.

"We're not really here," Wanda concluded so we were all just forced to watch what was happening. "She's gathered the people she trusts, I don't think she even knows it."

Farron looked so empty, her face held no expression and she stood weakly, but she never moved when the man pushed her again. I felt anger spread through me at how she was being treated but Captain America quickly stepped in between them. In the blink of an eye Dimlay was racing out of the house and tackled the man to the ground, defending Farron. Following after him was Hawkeye, Black Widow, and the human version of the Hulk. The Hulk man approached Dimlay and somehow got him to calm down and move off of the man, but he stood again and lunged at Farron. All of these people were trying to defend her, for some reason I couldn't bring myself to believe it, they barely know her.

Hawkeye quickly grabbed him from behind and started talking to him, "Volher, you need to stop now!" Tony Stark and another man I didn't recognize ran to aid Captain America who was also struggling to keep the man away from Farron.

She still hadn't moved and I was beginning to worry. I stepped in front of her quickly, "Farron, you need to move now, you need to get out of there!" She couldn't hear my yelling pleads and Bucky had to pull me away from her. Tears were falling from my eyes as I watched everything unravel.

"Willow?" Werner asked but I was watching the man who still fought to get to the woman I was desperately in love with. Hate filled my being as I watched his violent body struggle through the wall of men.

"Goddamn it Volher!" Tony Stark yelled elbowing 'Volher' in the face to keep him back, "That's your little sister!"

"Volher stop!" Willow yelled tears falling down her face but her voice was echoey like everything else from our side.

Werner stared curiously at the struggling man and frowned, "Something's wrong with his mind, it's like there's another consciousness there, one that isn't his own."

Black Widow was suddenly standing in front of Farron, worry evident in her eyes as she wiped stray tears from her emotionless face. Volher finally broke free from the archer's grip and slipped away from the men trying to protect Farron. He pushed the Widow away from Farron and reached out his hand. He never touched her though, but that didn't stop her body from reacting as she slammed to the ground. Willow went running at him but he easily lifted his hand and she went flying in a different direction like that was where gravity pulled.

We all stiffened as Farron called out to us in desperation, HELP ME! Tears filled all of our eyes, even Bucky, as we realized we couldn't get to her and help her, SAVE ME FROM MY BROTHER! Her other thoughts followed and I stood shocked at what I heard, and we weren't meant to hear it, Volher thinks I'm a monster. My big brother thinks I'm a monster. He says I'm just like Loki. Just like Loki.

Black Widow suddenly stood to her feet and something in her eyes made us all subconsciously pull away from her as she threw herself at the dark haired man. She punched him in the face over and over again in a blind rage. There was no dance to her fighting like there was in the warehouse, no this was rage. She only stopped when Willow yelled for her to.

I turned my head and saw that Farron had come back to her senses somewhat and the Widow was quick to approach and hold her, "It's okay, everything's okay. He's not going to hurt you anymore."

Volher stood to his feet shakily, his wounds already healing and Farron was fast to follow, anger in her movements. "That," she said and Widow grabbed her arm to keep her from attacking her brother, "is why I don't trust you."

Then just like that Wanda and I were back in the hallways of Helen Cho's research lab standing in shock of what we just witnessed. Wanda quickly turned and clung onto me, seeking comfort and in return I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"I'm going to kill him," she mumbled into my shoulder. Tears were still falling down our faces as we stood in the hallway. "I'm going to rip out his heart and give it to Farron."

I shook my head, "Men like that don't deserve a quick death, we'll have fun with him first and let Farron finish him off."

We stood there for quite a while holding each other and fantasising over killing the man who hurt Farron. We sent comforting thoughts and feelings her way, knowing that she received them when we felt her appreciation.