Chapter: 19 [Edited]

One Year Later

Farron's POV

"Pietro, this is supposed to be a stealth mission," Wanda hissed hitting Pietro over the head once he came to a stop next to us, "how are we supposed to be stealthy when you're running around Washington D.C. leaving a blue trail behind you."

Pietro gives her a shit-eating grin, "I'm sorry does it bother you that I can use my powers without being noticed and you can't?"

This causes me to hit him over the head next, "Stop it, both of you," I say glaring at the twins and then focus my attention on Pietro, "don't tease your sister, you don't know what it's like to be forced to ignore a part of yourself for a mission."

Pietro's face drops for a moment as he thinks about what it would be like to not be able to use his ability, "I'm sorry, to all of you," he says and then gets back on the topic of our mission, "what are we looking for again?"

"We're trying to find one of the heads of Hydra," Wanda says quietly as we walk through the streets of Washington D.C., "I hope we get it over with soon though, Dimlay was furious that Strucker sent us here without him. I don't know why Strucker thought it would be a good idea to send us here two years after the Chitauri attacked."

"Don't question him," I say smirking, "maybe he has a present waiting for us, something for us to play with." The twins smiled evilly.

We make our way to an abandoned warehouse, or at least that's what it looks like on the outside, inside, there was lots of advanced technology. Pietro was twitching more and more as we got deeper inside, we were surrounded by Hydra agents that we didn't know, at the least, we were all on edge.

A middle-aged man approached us confidently and stuck out his hand for us to shake, "Yeah we don't do that," I say backing away from him slightly. His confidence, however, doesn't falter and his mind flashes in surprise at my odd accent.

"Well," he starts and motions for us to follow him, "my name is Senator Alexander Pierce, I assume you are Strucker's enhanced?"

He looks at us expectantly, pausing in front of a doorway, "White Sync," I say and nod my head at Pietro, Wanda, and Dimlay, "Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and the Demon." I can feel his disappointment when he didn't learn our real names, but allowed us through the door all the same. After Werner left we mainly kept to ourselves so telling people our real names was not something we were used to. What we see when we walk through the door surprises me though, and I surprise myself when I manage to keep a straight face. Wanda and Pietro watched us out of the corner of their eyes worried. They've been able to see right through me since Werner left and honestly it's been quite useful, especially when they prevent the panic attacks that Werner used to help me fight.

In the center of the room was a large chair and in it sat the Winter Soldier that I trained with so many years ago. I never thought I'd see him again since they rarely let him out and when they do it's many years later, this must be a world-changing assignment. He's staring straight ahead with a lost look in his eyes, I walk past the soldiers that are watching him closely with Pietro and Wanda following quickly behind me. I see recognition in his eyes when he looks at me but he doesn't do anything he just gets pulled back into his own mind. His recognition of me is a further surprise, I thought they wiped his mind all the time.

I trained with this Winter Soldier for only a short amount of time but in that time I found myself growing close to the broken soldier. Pierce walks up next to him, "Mission report," he doesn't move at all and he doesn't speak, "Mission report now." When he still doesn't get an answer he slaps the soldier across the face getting his attention and I have to force my body not to attack the senator.