Chapter: 17 [Edited]

Six Months Later

Farron's POV

Working with the twins has been surprisingly easy, even after Werner left to go on a mission that I refused to attend. It's been years but I'm still not ready to go into the field, as much as I want to act like a monster without feelings. I don't want to hurt innocent people. I haven't had any issues hiding my abilities so far. Pietro just thinks I was trained by the best assassins in the world because I'm Strucker's daughter while Wanda was curious at first as to why I was chosen, but her questions went away after I destroyed the highest ranking Hydra agents in hand-to-hand combat. Explaining Dimlay was a little difficult but Dr. List told the twins he was created in a test tube or something.

The twins were doing great at mastering their abilities, not as fast as I did, but fast enough where we didn't need to stay on one topic for too long. Pietro ran in circles around the training room and was learning how to stop correctly and to stop where he wanted to stop. Wanda was lifting blocks and placing them in odd positions where they balance off and not fall when she released her influence on them. They both swore in Sokovian when they made mistakes and it was quite entertaining.

"Alright," I say letting my voice ring throughout the room, "that's enough for now, the rest of the day is yours to do as you please," I say knowing very well that Pietro will get into trouble with some soldiers and I'll have to hear about it and pretend to not find it funny, and Wanda will be causing arguments amongst life long friends, the two have become a nuisance to the rest of Hydra while they became my source of entertainment.

As much as I hate to admit it, they're growing on me. I opened up to Wanda so quickly that it scared me at first but now I consider her to be a second sister. Pietro can get me to laugh whenever he wants to, he figured out with ease what I found funny and what I found annoying, he liked to mix the two. The people in Hydra who knew me before everything happened. Some had even tried to approach me but were quickly scared away, I'm not ready to talk to them yet because if I do she will eventually show up in our conversations.

I walk towards the exit but stop when soldiers come streaming in through the doorway and surround me, fully armed and guns trained on me. I sighed and waited for Strucker to show up and explain himself, I'm just glad they weren't circling Dimlay. Behind me I hear bits and pieces of Wanda and Pietro's quiet conversation, they watched every move they made while I stood in the center of the circle looking completely relaxed. I think they'll be surprised when they find out why they're really here and not for the reason they think it is, which is a training exercise.

Strucker finally entered the room and I could tell immediately that something was off with him, "What happened?" I ask him, looking him straight in the eye, "You only do this when you think I'll have a strong reaction to something, so, what happened?"

He hesitated for only a moment before he finally worked up the courage to speak, "I just recieved a transmission from the convoy that Werner was supposed to meet up with," I made no movement at all so he continued, "it seems that Shield has captured him under orders from the director, Hawkeye, and Zero Gravity. I believe that is what they're calling your brother now. It's likely that we'll never see Werner again."

My blood freezes in my veins as the final words leave his lips and I feel the strong, dangerous energy I felt nine years ago leave my body. I fall to my knees as the energy is released and my body feels slightly drained but I pay no mind to it as I barely notice the soldiers that crumbled to the ground dead after my tendrils attacked them. All I can feel is the loss of my brother, all I hear is silence, but the minds still in the room are running a mile a minute:

I'll never see my son again. I shouldn't have sent him on that mission, he and I both had a bad feeling about it but I sent him there anyway.