Chapter: 23 [Edited]

Farron's POV

Everyone watched Dimlay and I like a hawk, especially Clint, he's seen the damage we could do first hand and how ruthless we are about it. Everyone was anxious about what I would do once we were out in the field, not Willow, Volher or Natalia though. They knew I would never hurt them and their trust in me only strengthened after they heard me promise to work with them. They were mainly watching me because I haven't stopped moving since we got on the quinjet. It was nice to be trusted again, even if it was only by three people. Steve and Willow were basically attached to the hip, their personalities were so different but they fit together so perfectly.

Dimlay had been pacing with me but the wolf resorted to just pawing at Bruce's feet trying to get his attention but the scientist just watched with a slightly annoyed expression. I ended up sitting beside Bruce and he stared at me curiously. I shrugged, "Your mind is very calming," I say and he frowned and looked back at the tablet in his hand and my eyes widened in excitement, "is that mine?" I asked excitedly.

He looked up slightly surprised and I snatched the tablet out of his hands, "Uh yeah we grabbed an old vial of your DNA from the base we found you at and compared it to now. Your DNA is unlike anything I've ever seen."

I stared at it in shock and looked to Dimlay, "It's been working, Dimmi." Bruce looked at me with slight confusion and I smiled brightly at him, "I've been working on a way to have more control over my abilities so random outbursts wouldn't be so destructive. I didn't think it would change my actual DNA though."

"What have you been doing?" Bruce asked and I could feel the purity of this question he was asking just because of his curiosity and not for an ulterior motive. However, maybe it could help him gain some control over his hulkish side.

"I can show you when all of this is over," I say and he nodded, "I'll let you hook me up to all of the science equipment that you want."

"Farron, it's so weird that you allow people to test you like that," Natalia said from across the jet, "they used to have to tie me down."

I rolled my eyes at Nat, "Natalia, you do realize that most of the people on this plane are genetically engineered to kill right?" I arched my eyebrow at her and she glared at me in irritation, "Steve, Bruce, Willow, Volher, me, Dimlay. We've all been tested and experimented on in some way."

"She's got a point," Clint said from beside her and then he tensed, realizing what he just said and I smirked, "Shit," he mumbled and launched himself as far away from Nat as he could but she was quick to follow. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," he screeched and basically lifted from where I sat to my feet and hid behind me.

Before anyone could say anything else the jet started to descend with a jerk making Dimlay jump to his feet and almost on instinct we started pacing again. No one looked anxious anymore, in fact, they looked rather worried, because who could make the assassin and her wolf so afraid to fly.

When the doors finally opened we raced off of the jet, relieved to be on firm ground again. Everyone was staring at us but I didn't care, I just turned back around and headed towards the warehouse.

As I entered with the rest of the team Natalia and Clint broke off to hide in the rafters and I internally smirked at their assassin instincts. We got to the main area and a voice broke through the quiet mumbles. "- I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand. Don't compare me to Stark! He's a sickness."

That's when Mr. Stark starts talking, "Ahh, Junior," he begins and everyone walks into the light while Dimlay and I wait in the shadows like we discussed. Ultron doesn't know I'm working with the Avengers and they wanted us to be a surprise. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."