Chapter: 8 [Edited]

Three Years Later

Farron's POV

I walked through the hallways of the facility with a stone cold expression on my face that made everyone who saw me quickly move out of my way. Beside me trotted along Dimlay, the wolf-like creature I created and brought to life two years ago. He was still technically a puppy but he was the size of a large dog already and I predict he'll be the size of a small horse when he's done growing. He's an intelligent creature, I made him that way so that he could keep up with my own mind. After she died Werner suggested I get a kind of pet to help ease the ache in my heart and honestly it did. However, her death did change me, I'm no longer the quiet little girl who makes everyone smile when she smiles.

Werner is different too, we mainly keep to ourselves since she died, but we were distant from everyone before anyways. There were very few people I'm open to now, I can count these people on one hand, and I don't expect the list to grow any time soon. Everyone fears me and I'm completely okay with that, the time that I waste is now at zero. If Werner or I were to walk through a crowd of Hydra soldiers they'd make a path for us no questions asked, just moving out of fear. We didn't used to be so feared.

I entered my room and found myself staring at the outline of Strucker's form, "What are you doing here?" I asked him in a guarded manner. Normally I would close the door but there was no one around right now, if I feel the need to feel human I'll just close it.

"We need to talk," he says, still not turning to look at me, "you and Werner have drawn attention to yourselves from your more recent missions. Doctor List wants me to pull you two out of the field for a while," he finally turned to look at me and the concern was evident in his eyes, "and I can't say I disagree with him. Farron your violent tendencies are beginning to rival those of the Winter Soldiers and Dimlay is only adding to the wreckage." He motioned to the wolf and he whined slightly knowing that he had done something Strucker didn't like. Dimlay loved the small little family I'd found just as much as I did and we both hate disappointing them.

"So you're going to do what he asks?" I question finally, walking over to the side of my bed and taking off my coat that was wet with melted snow.

"That depends," he says and I arch my eyebrow at him, "Can you tell me right now with 100% certaincy that you and Werner won't make as big of a mess on your next mission? If the answer's no I'm keeping you here where you can rest and mentally recover. Where you can both be in a place you're comfortable with."

"We don't need to recover Strucker," I glanced up at him briefly, speaking for both Werner and myself, pushing the door closed from across the room then directed my attention at Dimlay who was panting in front of me. I ran my fingers through his thick light and dark grey fur smiling.

"Well, List thinks that you do," he said drawing a scoff from me. Neither List nor Strucker have gotten off our case since they found me crying in my room after I called Volher with Werner there with me every step. I understand that they're worried about us, but it's not like we're going to get hurt. They all know we're too stubborn to die or purposely get ourselves killed.

"You guys are worried, I get it, but I don't think you need to pull us out of the field." I direct my attention back at Strucker, "We know we go overboard, we know we're making a huge mess, and we know we're making names for ourselves. We never wanted that though, we were just doing our jobs, and I admit we did it too well." I sighed and leaned back on my bed, my back hitting the white padded wall and Dimlay climbed his way onto the small bed, trapping me underneath him. "I'm not so sure Werner will but I'll stop going out though if that's what you decide, but I want one thing in return."

I had his interest now and he turned to face me with a small smile on his face, "And what would you like in return Farron?"

I smiled a smile that could be compared to an evil smirk, "I want Dimlay and I to train the new recruits and Werner if he agrees to stop going out." Strucker immediately went to object but I kept talking before he did, "Just think about it, we're the best agents Hydra's ever had and the most ruthless. I can even throw the Winter Soldiers on their asses, just imagine how much Hydra could benefit from having soldiers trained by me or Werner."

Strucker rolled his eyes, "You just want to beat up a bunch of grown men so everyone will fear the ten year old." I merely shrugged at his words with a smirk on my face, he was partially right, but I was planning on asking years ago anyway. He sighed, "Fine, but if you go overboard you'll be stuck in here with nothing to do, understand?"

"Yes sir," I said nodding my head, a smirk still playing on my features and Dimlay sneezed in amusement.

"Good," he said and nodded his head, satisfied with my response. Even if I hadn't agreed it would've been reflex to say those two words.

I took a deep breath relaxing my muscles and looked down at Dimlay who was still laying on top of me, "I'm sorry, Strucker," I paused, "I know I'm being irrational. Hydra works all over the world and so does Shield and one person can't take them down and especially not me... Not in this mindset, and especially not with Werner in that exact same mindset."

Strucker started walking to the door but he paused with his hand above the knob, "Will you be alright or do you want me to send Werner in?" I shook my head and waved him off and with a sigh he left, leaving Dimlay and I alone.

What am I doing, Dimlay? I asked and he struggled to roll over on my lap to look at me, making me giggle. His thoughts bubbled beneath the surface but none of them became known to me so I continued, As much as I hate Shield for what they did to my parents, Werner and I alone can't take them down. They're just like Hydra, if you cut off a head, two more take its place.

Finally, Dimlay responded, I don't think taking down Shield matters. I did a double take at his words and he immediately went to elaborate, I think that all that really matters is keeping the people we love safe and we can't do that if we're too angry to see the truth right in front of us.

And what truth is that? I questioned in slight irritation. When I made Dimlay I made him so he would be smart and strong and fast, like me but better, I gave him abilities that would help him survive if I wasn't there. However, his intelligence can get a little annoying sometimes.

The truth that family is the most important thing, we need to hold ourselves together for them. We need to make sure we stay alive for them so they won't have to mourn like you have mourned. He nuzzled into me with a sigh and I smiled lightly. I guess he had a point. I suppose I'll remain a normal thinking person who won't throw herself in front of danger just to achieve something stupid. But I need to do one more thing first.

In slight excitement I tapped on Werner's mind letting him know I wanted to talk, and he opened up to me immediately. I didn't give him a chance to ask what I wanted, I might be doing something stupid but I need to do it and I need to you to just say it's a good idea so I don't back out.

His mind was in slight shock before he pulled himself together, Since when does the great White Sync need to be convinced not to back out of something, he asked playfully.

I mentally shoved him and I felt his mind erupt into laughter, I'm going to send Volher a gift. I've been trying to figure out what to send him but I think I've finally settled on something. There was silence until dread filled Werner's thoughts and before he could ask a question I answered it before he could speak, Yes, I am doing what you think I am.