Chapter: 5 [Edited]

One Year Later

Farron's POV

Willow and I sat on the floor outside of Werner's new room. It was like our own now, the three padded walls and glass as the last wall. On the outside Wil and I seemed completely relaxed but on the inside we were worrying to the point that we both felt like we were going to throw up. Three days ago, Doctor List confirmed that Werner was eligible to go through the procedure that gave Wil and I our abilities. He didn't even hesitate. He said he wanted to be in the field with us when we were finally approved so he could protect us like we protect each other.

Werner's been asleep for ten hours and so far his consciousness hasn't started to try and wake him up yet. It wasn't that big of a deal yet since I didn't wake up until the twelfth hour and Willow didn't wake up until the fifteenth. I could tell through her mind that Willow was worried beyond belief and I've tried to reassure her everything would be okay but she wasn't hearing it. Neither of us wanted to lose Werner if he didn't survive this but she was especially struggling with the fact that we could lose him too.

I stifled a sigh and closed my eyes, feeling for the rush of power through my veins as I let the blue-white energy flow from my fingers. My eyes remained closed but I could see and feel things in a way through the tendrils I was emitting. Willow's eyes were on me and I felt her fingers run through the psionic energy. Using my abilities always seemed to calm her down, whether she was just watching or she was playing with it like now.

Opening my eyes that were now bluish-white, I observed the activity of the hallway, trying to distract myself from my worries. There was a flicker of activity in the room and I forced myself to my feet which easily led to Willow flying to hers as well. I slowly opened the door, trying not to scare Werner awake and cause destruction and slowly walked up to his bed.

I tried to take a hold of his hand but my own went right through his and I watched him curiously. Willow's mind was just as curious as mine. Werner, I spoke softly into his mind and I saw and felt his entire body shift and twitch. Then he was no longer on the bed, he was in it. I stifled a gasp and got closer to him. Wake up Werner, I said as gently as I could and his eyes slowly began to open.

I smiled as he looked around in curiosity, Hey, he said, floating up to the surface of his bed and resting on it and my brows furrowed slightly in confusion. I had pulled back my abilities so why could he speak in my mind instead of me hearing his thoughts.

I glanced at Willow and refrained from laughing, "You're not going to like us after he figures this out," I say and irritation works its way onto her face.

"And why is that?" she questioned placing her hands on her hips, already forgetting her worry over Werner since he was awake now, "Are you planning on trying to prank me again because I'm pretty sure that didn't work out how you wanted it to last time."

"That wasn't fair," Werner said as he sat up wincing, "we didn't take into consideration that you could feel the water when you weren't manipulating it. It was just supposed to be a normal surprise balloon fight with no powers, but you were the one who wanted to take it overboard."

Werner pulled himself to his feet, slightly wobbling and went to grab on to the wall for stability. Much to my amusement, he fell right through it with a small shout. There was a clash in the hallway and I found myself at the door of Werner's room smirking. He had fallen into one of the nurses who was now leaning against the wall with a hand over her chest, he had definitely startled her.

"Did that go well for you?" Willow asked, smiling at Werner who was frantically trying to pick up broken glass that he had knocked out of the nurse's hand.