Chapter: 6 [Edited]

Two Years Later

Farron's POV

"Wil, this is a stupid idea," I whisper to the black-haired girl through our comms as I see her silhouette flash against a building. I readjusted myself on my perch at the bell tower, Willow and I were sent to gather more information on Shield. Strucker sometimes seems to forget that we also have our own agenda, sure we'll get the information they want first, but we'll be damned if we don't get whatever they have on the agents that killed our parents. "Strucker said no powers for this mission, you're going to draw too much attention. He's even nervous about me using my telepathy." My voice raises slightly as I remember the conversation I had with him before Willow and I left, he was very nervous. He said he just got this feeling that something was going to happen. "He didn't allow Werner to come for that exact reason since he doesn't like not using his abilities."

"Relax Farr, I'll be careful, Shield is smart but not smart enough to connect the dots that I'm the False Mother, especially since they won't see the White Sync or Phantom Reader with me," Wil said, her annoying voice echoing into my comms. I'm quite fond of our alias', she's the false Mother Nature and I sync my mental brain waves with other people while Werner seems to disappear into thin air, and it's fun to use around the compound and freak new soldiers out. We've made a name for ourselves to say the least.

"Fine, I'm heading down then, you'll need backup," With no thought at all I jumped from the ledge of the bell tower and used the psionic energy I acquired three years ago to ease me onto the ground gently, the wisps cradling my feet.

As soon as my feet touched the solid surface I broke into a full-on sprint, my feet lightly hitting the pavement as I ran, heading in the direction of the house our spies told us the agents would be in. With every house I pass I keep thinking that maybe this time we'll find the people who kill our parents. I slowed to a light jog, not even out of breath after I just ran six miles to see Willow lurking outside the house. It's nice being stronger and faster than everyone.

"What's the plan?" I hissed at Wil, slightly irritated that she decided to scrap the plan and get an entirely new one, again. After dozens of missions I should be used to it by now, why do I have to be the responsible one? Even Werner is more responsible than her and that's saying something since he made me destroy an entire wall at the compound by spooking me. I barely put the wall back in place before the entire compound came down, and that wasn't even the first time he'd done that.

"How do you feel about getting captured?" she asked, staring into the house with her thinking face on. My stomach dropped, Wil always thinks getting captured is a good plan, it puts us in the center of everything that they have but it also makes us more vulnerable in a way.

"I'd rather not, but I assume I don't have a choice do I?" I sighed and prepared myself to follow my sister's lead.

"Nope," she said and approached the door and knocked three times. When the door opens I'm not surprised when she punches the man right in the face without saying a word. We made our way inside the house past the unconscious man on the ground, it was a nice house, too bad we were going to muck it up.

"Taylor, who was at the door?" came a call from another room. I smile to myself, our information was correct, and just maybe they'll know what we need to know.

We walked into a room that I assumed was the living room and saw five Shield operatives each aiming a gun at us, neither Willow or I flinched as they cuffed us and brought us to their basement. We were put in separate rooms but I could feel she was close. It was quiet, too quiet. I'm too used to listening to other people's thoughts as background noise.

Screw it, I think, sitting down at the metal table bolted to the ground and opening up my senses inviting the agent's thoughts into my head.