Chapter: 3 [Edited]

Farron's POV:

We sat in the SUV for hours, at least until Strucker, as the bald man told me to call him after getting irritated when I called him Mr. Strucker, led us to a private plane. It was surprisingly small and cozy, I quickly took a seat, and Willow followed right behind me. She's been quiet and I don't blame her, she's still in shock but I got over mine moments after our parent's deaths and it was quickly replaced with anger. I guess my brain works faster than hers at processing what happened.

The men wore birds on their clothes, something that I'll be sure I remember. It's either their symbol or the people's symbol that they work for and either way, they're both going to pay. I never wanted to hurt anyone before and it feels weird to have the urge now, but I'm not surprised I have it. I felt something different inside of me now, I know that my views in life have changed.

A touch on my arm causes me to flinch and I instinctively take a tight hold on whoever touched me. Willow was looking at me slightly startled but she quickly shook it off as I released her hand. The startled look was replaced with an angry one, "What do you remember about it?" she finally asked in a soft voice after staring at nothing for a few more moments. It suddenly hit me, slower than I would've liked, she was in too much shock to pay attention to what was going on around her that she missed basically everything after our mother's cry of pain.

"I remember everything," I kept eye contact with her, in slight distress. I haven't been able to keep the images of them falling limp to the ground out of my mind. "Eight men entered our house and started attacking, Mom and Dad fought back, but it didn't do them much good in the end. Only five made it out alive," I say and stare at her with as much seriousness as I could muster, "Those three got Mom and Dad, the others get us, agreed?"

I could see everything go through her mind just by watching her eyes, she was angry just like me and was no longer confused, or at least didn't care anymore. "Agreed, but how are we going to do it? We may be smart but we're still kids despite our strength."

"I believe I could be of service." I turned around in my seat and stare at Strucker who wasn't even looking at us when he spoke. It seemed that his full attention was on the tablet in his hands. He set the tablet down and moved to sit in the seat in front of Willow and me, "I work for an organization called Hydra and we use our resources to help others in need. People who need a home," I narrowed my eyes at him, he's leaving something out and why would he want to help two kids? "I admit we don't always do good things but we can help you."

"How?" Willow asked and his gaze shifted to her, "I've heard about Hydra in school, your organization is supposedly the villain of World War II. Why should we trust you?"

"You shouldn't," he said and my head snapped in his direction yet again, "you shouldn't trust anyone in Hydra, not if you want to survive. However, you will be under my protection until further notice, that way no one will hurt you before you can defend yourselves."

"What will we have to do?" I asked with a frown. I don't know why but I felt like I could trust Strucker, even though he just told us not to, there was something about the way he looked at us, like he was protective.

The man smirked, "We'll run a few tests on you and see if you're eligible for a procedure that will make you enhanced, but until then you will be trained as agents." He paused and seemed to think for a moment, "You girls are smart, smarter than anyone your age should be so I'll be upfront with you. These tests are dangerous, they could kill you, although I do encourage you to proceed with them. If you survive, I promise you'll be able to get revenge on your parents and kill the men who ruined your lives, but I want you to know the risks."

"We don't care about the risks," Willow said, speaking what we were both thinking, "we'll avenge our parents, whatever the costs."

I nodded my head in agreement and Strucker smiled. His face must be hurting by now and I have a feeling he doesn't smile that often, but he kept smiling. "Good we'll get your rooms prepped as soon as we arrive and have lessons scheduled as soon as possible."