Chapter: 16 [Edited]

Pietro's POV

The numb, cold feeling was all I felt after I lost consciousness from the serum. It felt like an eternity before my body finally went back to its normal temperature. Everything was dark, I couldn't see and panic started to fill me and just as I was about to start hyperventilating I realized something. Maybe if I opened my eyes it wouldn't be so dark.

I sighed and opened my eyes, slightly irritated with my own stupidity. I was in a large room with white padded walls and the only exit was a metal door. Sitting up, I gasped in surprise when pain coursed through my body, I thought the pain over with. I slowly stood up and I looked around the room and realized one of the walls was glass and looked into the hallway. Across the hallway was a set of rooms, one was empty and the other had someone laying in the bed.

My heart rate started to pick up when I realized it wasn't Wanda who was sleeping in that room and I quickly turned around and headed to the door. Something must have gone wrong though because the moment I took a few steps I hit something, hard and nearly fell over. I blinked a few times and realized I'd just ran into the door. I tried to walk normal, but I hit another wall and groaned in annoyance as I felt blood drip down my arms and face, so much for padded walls.

I try again and again but each time I find myself hitting a wall or the window and even the bed. Each time I got more and more irritated and worked up just making me hit more and more walls.

I don't know how long I was trying but I don't stop, at least not until I hear a very commanding voice, "Stop!" I do, right in my tracks and nearly fall over. I looked up and found myself staring at a girl about my age standing in front of the door, beside her stood a large dog? Wolf? Wolf, it's eyes studied me with intelligent eyes but I chose to focus on the girl.

Her green eyes held something different in them than most other people I've seen here, she looks more human and more caring than them even though she held a blank expression. She was familiar. Her golden was down and to her middle back and I reckon if we were in the light she'd be brighter than the sun. She approached me with her hands held up where I could see them and then it hit me. Right before Wanda and I were brought in for the procedure.

I walked at a fast pace through the halls of the compound beside Wanda, both of us trying to keep up with Strucker who walked at a brisk pace. A woman approached us with a panicked expression and whispered something in Strucker's ear. His eyes widened and he began sprinting down the hall, I looked to Wanda who just shrugged and we ran after him. We weren't about to be abandoned in the large building we didn't know, and whatever it was that drew his attention away from possible enhanced people must be important.

Strucker slid to a halt in front of a door, yelling, but I didn't hear what he said when six gunshots went off. I pulled Wanda into the room beside it, hoping no one would exit and start shooting. Inside was small but there was a one way mirror that allowed us to look into the room the guns were fired from.

I watched intently and heard a gasp from Wanda as we both witnessed the scene from the next room. A golden-haired girl was ruthlessly attacking about a dozen soldiers, they were all clean kills and soon she was facing the mirror. The look I saw in her eyes resembled pain, grief, and most of all rage. My blood boiled at the thought of anyone hurting her mentally or physically and my thoughts then came to a screeching halt. The only other person I've felt protective of in years was Wanda and now for a girl I didn't know, maybe it's because I could see a pain in her eyes that resembled my own.

I stopped thinking about anything after she pulled out two more knives and decided to just observe. Her expression no longer held any emotions, a perfected mask fell over her face and it made me wonder briefly where she had learned that and why. She took slow steps forwards and the four remaining soldiers remained in their place, frozen in fear. With one quick movement all four men's throats were slashed and they fell to the ground gurgling on their own blood.