Chapter♾2

𝙒𝙧𝙚𝙣 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮

August 1st, 2018

"Okay baby girl, we're here"I hop out the Escalade looking around the campus

"Okay baby girl, we're here"I hop out the Escalade looking around the campus. A lot of students was walking around talking on their phones. Holding their coffee cup in their hands. New York was beautiful.

"Where will her dorm be?"my mother ask. My father pointed out to the office that was right in front of us. "Ohh"my mother closed the car door softly. As they walked in the office, I stayed outside overlooking the city. Hearing the sounds made me smiled.

I made my way inside the office so I can see what the hell they was talking about. My mom was sitting down in the office lounge texting on her phone. I shook my head walking into the office where my dad was.

"Yes we just need the keys to the dorm and her schedule for her classes"my father spoke to the assistant.

"Okay, let me go get the president out his office so he can meet y'all"the assistant smiled at my father and walked to the back.

"Mom ain't taking this well"I mumbled.

"Your mother just upset that you not at Howard University"my father stated. "Just because we came from a HBCU college, doesn't mean we wanted y'all to go to one too"

"Howard is a good college but I want to come here so I can be an actor"I remarked. "And New York is full of actors and acting school"

"New York is full of rappers and singers"my dad chuckled. "But that's your dream, can't hold you back"

My bust in the door swaying her hips. "Are they done?"she asked with an attitude.

"Baby no. They getting the keys and her schedule"my dad replied.

"Well I'm going shopping. Let me know when y'all done decorating the dorm"she walked out the office in a hurry. I look over at my father who just shook his head.

"Wait for your schedule and keys. I be right back"my father walked out the office I guess to talk to her. She is wrong for leaving like that.

As I watch my mother and father got into it, I notice some guy with plats in his head walking out the building with some girl. He was......A New York native. Had the New York swag to him. Wearing designers. I bit my lip just looking at him.

".....Excuse me ma'am"I felt the lady tap me. I turn to her quickly with a smile. "Here's your key, your schedule for classes Monday, and the route to your dorm. It's close around here"she smiled.

"Okay. Thank you so much"I waved goodbye to her walking out the office. I walk out the building to my father who was just staring at the traffic. "what happened?"I ask.

"Just a little discussion"he responded. "Come on, lets go look at your dorm"My dad patted my back.

I look over to my right seeing the New Yorker guy with the girl again. But this time they was in a heated argument.

Later

"When I come back to New York with some more money then we can redecorate it"

"Yeah"I playfully rolled my eyes. "Dad I don't know how to let you go"I sat on the bed tilting my head down.

"What you mean? I should be the one saying that"my dad chuckle. He sat down on the bed with me grabbing my hand.

"You know I'm a daddies girl so I don't want you to leave"I frowned.

"Wren, I have to leave you behind someday and today is the day that I leave you behind so you can learn how to live on your own. It's like that book we use to read when you was a little girl...."

"Yes the emu and his chick"I mumble trying not to laugh.

"And you know the emu dad took care his chick till the chick became older and learned how to take care herself"he said.

"Yep and the mother was never there"I rolled my eyes.

"Hey. Your mother still loves you, remember that"my father kissed my cheek. He rubbed my forehead smiling at me. I always had a special bond with my father. Dorian as well. My mom always do too much and I hate that. It's like she wants for me and Dorian to live her life. Be a council member in high school, gpa have to be a 4.0, and she wanted us to go to Howard university.

But of course, me and Dorian was different from her. Well Dorian was. I only didn't want to go to Howard. Dorian didn't follow rules in high school and didn't have the highest gpa like I did. Yeahhh my mother was furious with Dorian.

As me and my father talked a bit, the dorm room opened revealing the girl that was outside with the New Yorker guy. Sexy New Yorker guy. "Ohhh I didn't know you had company sis. My bad"

"Ahh no. I'm her father and I'm leaving right now"my father got ho form the bed. He kissed my cheek again then gave me $300. "Use it wisely"

"Okay dad, I will"I smiled. He waved goodbye and walked out the dorm room. The girl sat down on her bed looking at my pictures

"You a photographer?"she ask. The girl was pretty. She had curly hair, her makeup was on fleek, and her nails was done. Tells me a lot about her. I can tell she was short.

"Sort of but I stop"I grab my phone and charger.

"Just to let you know, my boyfriend is coming over tonight. We might be loud and noisy"she smirked.

"That's.....good to know. Thanks for letting me know"I laid down on the bed facing the wall so I can cry silently.

This what I wanted though.