Chapter♾13

Wren Percy

June 1st,2020

A few days went by and I'm still upset what Bashar said to me

A few days went by and I'm still upset what Bashar said to me. Call him smoke. Whatever the fuck that means. Other then that, I forgot about 'smoke'. I got a new nigga. Steven. He pays for everything. My hair, nails, car note, car insurance, and my apartment. But that's my way of survival. I can't make him mad or do some slick shit like cheat on him. If I do, I'll be on the streets. Me and Dorian. Well Dorian will move back to Wisconsin. I don't wanna go back.

"That's cute ain't it"I said to Steven who was focused on his phone. I rolled my eyes when he wasn't paying attention to me at all. Like why take me to the mall if you not gonna pay attention to me. "You hear me talking to you"

"Huh. Yes baby"he looked at me.

"Nothing. Never mind"I mumbled.

"No tell me. Is it something important?"Steven ask.

"No it wasn't"I said. We walked around the mall buying shit for his family and only one outfit for me. I wanted more but I guess getting one outfit was my punishment for talking back to him last Thursday. I was mad as hell last Thursday so I had to take it out on someone.

After shopping, Steven wanted to bring me to New York for a bit. I really don't wanna go cause I keep thinking ima run into 'smoke' ass.  I mean I wish I can see him again but that will get me into some trouble with Steven.

"You ready to go back to New York?"Steven ask me.

"But for what though? Why you need to go back?"I ask him.

"I have to take care some business with a fellow friend"Steven said.

"Okay but I don't wanna stay long"I said while scratching my head. Steven smirked a bit and continue driving.

New York

I walked in this penthouse looking around at some pictures of Steven and his wife. I can tell this is where him and his wife was living before. It was beautiful.

"Make sure you bring the money as well. We can talk about the contract and how much it will be"Steven said to the phone. He nodded his head and hung up. "God it's beautiful outside"

"Yeah, it is"I said with a small smile. "Was this y'all penthouse?"I ask Steven.

"......yeah. Once we had our little son jr, we decided to leave New York and go to Newark where it would be more family friendly"Steven said.

"So why have a sugar baby if your wife looks like she's the same age as me?"I ask Steven.

"Cause after we had our son, the sex became boring and sometimes she wouldn't give me no sex. So I venture off and that's when I found you"he rubbed my cheek.

"Wow. That's......."I stop and thought about what he said. "So you look at me as a sex toy"

"Wren, not like that...."

"Okay Steven"I rolled my eyes and looked the other way. I felt Steven grab my hair and pull it hurting me.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again. You hear me!"—"you want me to love you? Hell no, your just a side piece and remember that"he let go my hair and walk to the window. I sat there wiping my tears away. I didn't want to be hurt like that. Never in my life thought I would be hurt like that. Just a sidepiece. A side dish. God I'm stupid.

A few minutes later, we heard a knock at the door. Steven got up and walk to the door opening it. "Wassup. Come on in, come on in"I heard Steven say. I saw a guy walking in with a female and some other guys. Then I saw him.

"Bashar"I mumbled. Bashar looked at me and sat down in the chair. I blink a couple of times thinking it's not true.

"It was nice that you can come all the way from Newark to New York"Bashar said with a smile. God that smile. I miss it. "Must of been a long ride"

"Nah it was good ride. Specially since I had my girl with me"Steven smiled.

"What happened to your wife and son?"Bashar ask Steven.

"Back in Newark. You know how I get down"Steven smiled.

"Yeahhh I know"Bashar smiled. "Soooo I have the contract right here"he pulled out a gun and aimed it at Steven. I jumped a bit once I saw it.

Steven turned around with the cup in his hand. "Alright let's look at th....."he stop once he saw the gun. "Bashar"

"Stop talking nigga. Just found out you fucking with the opps"Bashar said.

"Who? I ain't fucking with no one"Steven said.

All of a sudden, Bashar shot Steven in the stomach. Steven fell on the floor holding his stomach. All I did was look at him. "Babe, help me. Call the police"he crawled to me.

I felt Bashar grab my hand pulling me away from Steven who was tryna crawl towards my feet. "Y'all clean this shit up. Make sure that nigga dead"Bashar yanked my arm.

"Let go of me!"I semi yelled.

"You betta calm down!"he semi yelled back. He pressed the elevator button and looked at me. "Why you with this clown wren?"

"Cause I didn't have nobody else to love"I sniffle and wiped my eyes. I felt Bashar hands on my face. He was rubbing my tears away.

"Come on"