twenty.

Faster than the two boys liked it, the day was almost over and they hadn't done much.

After Kaitlin had called in the afternoon to say that she would be back in three days, Ashton had started crying again.

'You have to talk to her. This can't continue like this', Luke said and rubbed his best friend's back in order to comfort him.

'I want to, I really do but everytime I go and want to try, I just can't do it.'
The older boy only sobbed harder.

'Fuck, Ash. You really don't deserve this.'

'Well obviously I do, because otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation', Ashton whispered, trying to calm down. He was embarrassed that he was crying in front of Luke, his love, once again. Luke must think that he was weak and pathetic.

'You don't! You deserve someone who loves and values you for who you are. If you cry from only thinking of her, then she's not the one. You need to break up', Luke now exclaimed, making Ashton flinch slightly.

'I'm sorry Ash.. I just don't get why someone would treat you like that.'
The drummer immediately forgave the blonde for his little outburst.
In the end, Ashton couldn't be mad at Luke anyway, because the boy had a point.
He had to break up with Kaitlin.

When it was unfortunately time to leave for Luke, the boys couldn't stop hugging. The last days had made them grow closer than ever, even if they couldn't remember most of it.
Maybe that was for the best, because in the end, Ashton loved Luke but Luke loved Sierra.

'Only a week and then we'll be on tour again.'

'Without girls this time?'
Ashton wanted to slap himself for that question but once he said it, he couldn't take it back.

'Without Kaitlin for sure', Luke just answered and hugged Ashton one more time. The drummer watched his love walk down the path from his front door to the van, in which he disappeared.

With a sigh, Ashton turned around and walked inside again.

'And here goes nothing', he mumbled.

Luke was pretty excited to say the least. Yes, he enjoyed the time with Ashton and would miss him in the next few days but he had missed Sierra.

'Lukey baby!', Sierra yelled as she saw Luke entering their house.

'I missed you so, so much', they both said and kissed.

Only minutes later, they layed cuddled up in their bed.
Before anything could happen though, Sierra stopped.

'Uhm, Luke?'

'Yes?', the blonde answered, confused as to why his girlfriend had stopped.

'You.. why's there a hickey on your neck?'

'A what?', Luke asked confused and sat up.

'A hickey, right there', Sierra said, pointing at it, 'it's not from me, that's for sure.'
His face full of confusion, he stood up and walked into the bathroom.

'They had faded..', Luke whispered, making sure that Sierra couldn't hear anything. Fortunately just in time, because only seconds later, the girl entered the room. She was fully clothed again, her hair up in a pony tail and her arms crossed.

'See? It's not from me and that leaves me wondering, were you really just with Ashton?'

'Yes, yes I promise. I swear, I was just with Ash the whole time', Luke rambled as he still looked at the bruise on his neck.
Why didn't it fade?

'As much as I hate myself for asking this', Sierra started and Luke already new exactly what she would ask.

'No, we don't. Maybe it was a joke?'

'Luke, let me finish', she demanded.

'Sorry.'

'Are you sure that nothing happened between you two? You're close, everyone knows that.'

'Yeah I am', Luke lied, 'I don't know why it's there.'
At least the last sentence wasn't a complete lie. He knew why it was there but he didn't knew why it was still there.

As much as he wanted to enjoy the night with Sierra, he kept drifting off.
He couldn't get rid of the weird feeling in the pitch of his stomach and focusing on his girlfriend had never been harder.

'Luke? Luke!', Sierra snapped the blonde out of his thoughts.

'You're so rough', she whined.
The guitarist quickly apologized and softened his movements, distracting Sierra with kisses.
The girl smiled at that and melted into the kiss.

When they layed in bed, Sierra noticed her boyfriend's painted nails while she played with his hands.

'Since when do you paint your nails?', she asked curiously.

'I uhm.. few days.. don't you like it? I can take it off', Luke said, suddenly becoming really insecure about the nails.

'No, no. I actually like it. You're changing your style a little, do you?'

'Yeah, I thought it might be nice', he replied and Sierra nodded.

'It is.'