thirty-two

'Pillow fight!'

'No, stop', Ashton laughed, putting his hands over his head as a pillow hit him.

'Don't be boring', Luke pouted, throwing another pillow, this time a little less motivated.

'I'm not going to let you call me boring Mr Hemmings', Ashton said and stood up, taking a blanket with him. The smaller boy was quick to throw the blanket over the giant, making Luke fall from the bed.

'Man down, man down', Luke exclaimed a little too dramatic.

'Oh no, will he make it?', Ashton asked, falling on his knees next to his friend.

'I don't think so.'
With a last, very dramatic breath, Luke's limbs went limp.

'Oh no. I will never be happy again. If you're not in the world, I don't want to live anymore aswell', Ashton said, pretending to stab himself with a dagger.

'Romeo and Juliet? Seriously?'
Luke started laughing as he sat up, not bothering to stand up. The floor was comfortable enough. Ashton seemed to think the same thing, because he just laughed, staying on the floor aswell.

'I love that story, okay?'

'Sure, alright. Hopeless romantic', Luke said, receiving a death glare from his friend.

'You know what? I'm going to punish you for that.' Luke furrowed his eyebrows at his friend's words.

'I'd love to question that because this is either going to end really bad for me or really kinky.'

'Bad. And in bad, I mean boring. And in boring, I mean sit your ass down and wait for your surprise', Ashton answered with a cheeky smile.

'You know that this sounded horribly kinky aswell?'

'Mhm, I'm aware.'
Ashton stood up and walked towards the doorway, stopping there and turning around. He blew a kiss towards Luke and winked before walking out completely to get his movie collection. Ashton always brought his favourite movies with him, including Romeo and Juliet.

He quickly went through the plastic cases, pulling out the right one and closing the zipper of his bag again.
With a slight jump in his walk, he went back to the bedroom, quickly putting the disk in and setting everything up before pressing play.

'Now move and cuddle with me because I will cry and need comfort', Ashton said as he jumped on the bed.
Luke quickly did as he was told, wrapping his arms around the honey blonde. Ashton's curls tickled Luke's chin but the boy didn't mind. He liked having the boy so close and an attractive drummer also known as his best friend between his legs wasn't the worst thing after all.

'Fuck, I love that movie.'

'Why?'

'Because I love love, don't you?'

'Uhm.. what kind of question is that?'

'Well, one I want you to answer but if the answer is no, don't answer it at all.'

'Alright. Yes.'
Ashton nodded, smiling happily at his friend's answer.
With a satisfied smile, he moved a little closer to Luke, leaning against the boy's chest and closing his eyes.

'I thought you wanted to watch the movie?', Luke asked with a chuckle as he saw Ashton slowly drifting off to sleep after only a few minutes of watching the movie he had picked.

'Mhm, sure', Ashton replied. The effort he had to put in talking was clearly already too much, which was why he held his answers short. Luke just shook his head slightly with a fond smile and continued watching the movie.

About forty minutes later, Ashton was sound asleep and Luke started to become sleepy too. Their positions had changed by now and Ashton spooned Luke, even though Ashton was a lot smaller than his friend.
That's just how it's always been and no one was going to complain about it.

The movie went on, just like Luke's thoughts that lead from one thing to another, making him incredibly tired.
The guilt was still eating him up and the fact that Ashton acted like nothing had happened made the blonde go crazy. Feeling bad about something was just exhausting, especially when the reason was cuddling you.
He couldn't believe that the drummer really felt as good as he was acting like but breaking his walls down wasn't an option either. They still had concerts ahead of them and Ashton shouldn't constantly have to fight for being happy. Luke had to do something and help Ashton, no matter how because in the end, it was his fault.
With that being the last thing on his mind, the blonde fell asleep in the arms of the boy he had hurt.