twenty-six.

The night was still young and the boys were now swaying to the music on the dance floor.

A few guys had tried to hit on Luke but he had only answered with 'sorry, I'm taken' which made them leave while glaring at Ashton.
The drummer liked that everyone thought that Luke was his and didn't bother to correct anyone, especially since Luke didn't seem to care either.

'Hey!', a voice said from behind Ashton who now turned around, only to look at the boy from earlier.

'Hey', Ashton answered and bit his lip. The boy really was very attractive.

'Is he your boyfriend?', the boy asked Ashton and pointed at Luke.

'No, he has a girlfriend', he said with a sigh, pinning his eyes at the floor.

'Aye, I know that face. Let's drink something, yeah?'

'Sure', Ashton answered and told Luke where he was going before following the red haired boy.

'My name is Ashton, by the way.'

'Lucas but my friends call me Luke', Lucas answered and smiled brightly at Ashton.

'Ha that's funny', Ashton said and looked at Luke.

'Please don't tell me his name is Lucas or Luke', Lucas asked but already knew the answer.

'It's Luke actually', Ashton now confirmed and Lucas laughed.

'Let's do Lucas then for now, shall we?'

'Yes please', the drummer said and took a sip of his drink that he had ordered minutes ago.

Another hour into the night and Lucas and Ashton got along very well.
It might have been the fact that Luke still hadn't checked on him but Ashton flirted shamelessly.

'You have very pretty eyes, has anyone ever told you that?'

'Not seductively, like you did', Lucas answered.

'Well, they are. I've never seen so dark brown eyes', he added, making Lucas blush.

'Thank you.'

'You're very welcome.'

The flirting between the two continued and they eventually exchanged numbers before Lucas had to leave.
As soon as the seat next to Ashton was free, Luke sat down next to him.

'Hey, who was that?'

'Just met him', Ashton replied and Luke decided to just leave it at that, which caused the drummer to be a little disappointed. He had hoped that Luke would show some kind of jealousy or at least a little more interest.

Luke wasn't even clingy like he normally was when he'd drank alcohol, which was also something that disappointed Ashton.
What was the point in getting drunk, when there wasn't anything interesting happening, that you could think of the next morning?

'Let's go home, yeah?', Luke suddenly spoke up, making the other boy furrow his eyebrows.

'Already?'

'Yeah, I'm not in the mood for partying anymore', Luke answered and got up. Ashton had trouble catching up with the blonde boy but succeeded in the end.
No one said anything and you could clearly see the confusion in Ashton's face as he followed Luke into the van.
His look of confusion didn't change throughout the car drive or when they got back to the bus but Ashton wanted to change that.

'Hey, wait', Ashton said as he held Luke back on his wrist.
The others were already sleeping in the bus which left Luke and Ashton alone outside.

'I'm tired Ashton, please', the blonde boy begged, hoping that Ashton would let him go. The alcohol had only started to show it's effects and cloud his senses.

'No, Luke. Please talk to me. What's wrong?'

'Nothing's wrong', the boy whined, trying to fight against Ashton's firm grip.

'Well, something has to be wrong because you won't even look at me. Is it because I talked to that boy? If you're not okay with me liking boys, then please tell me.'
Luke now turned around, the guilt clearly visible in his eyes.

'No, oh god no. I'm totally okay with you liking whoever you want, Ash', he said and stepped a little closer to the drummer.

'Then what is it?'

'Do you know that thing when you feel weird?'

'Drunk?', Ashton asked, changing from hurt puppy to his giggly self.

'Yeah, that. But like, when you feel the need to do things when you're drunk?'

'What are you trying to tell me, Luke?'

'I love Sierra', Luke stated, taking a deep breath, 'but why can't I be with you?'

'Luke, you're talking absolute none sense', Ashton whispered. Why had Luke to say stuff like that when he was drunk? He preferred the clingy Luke who didn't talk about having feelings when being drunk.

'I'm not, I swear I'm not. It makes so much sense', Luke said, running his fingers through his messy hair.

'It doesn't', Ashton mumbled and stumbled back when Luke came closer. Soon, his back hit the bus but Luke still came closer.

'What are you doing?'

'I don't know Ash', Luke said and did what Ashton had feared.
He kissed him and Ashton responded.
Why had this to feel so right when it was so wrong?
Luke was cheating on Sierra and Ashton didn't stop him.
Why didn't he stop him?

The kiss turned sloppy and the guitarist's hands wandered under his friend's clothes but Ashton didn't stop him.

The sloppy kiss turned into a heated make out session, moans escaping the boys lips. When they broke apart and Luke started to kiss down his best friend's neck, Ashton knew this had to stop.

'Luke, stop', he said but the boy didn't listen.

'I said stop Luke', Ashton repeated himself, raising his voice a little and it worked. Luke brought distance between their faces and looked confused at Ashton with his gorgeous blue eyes, that made the drummer melt every so often.

'You have a girlfriend, Luke this is wrong.'

'Why?'
As drunk as Ashton himself was, he couldn't understand why Luke was always so oblivious to everything, as soon as there was alcohol involved.
He couldn't really possibly think that what they were doing was okay.

'Because you are cheating on her and you'll regret it in the morning. Well, at least if someone can remember this..', Ashton mumbled, noticing the slur in his words was getting worse.

'I won't regret it Ashy. Why would I?'

'Let's go to bed and talk about it tomorrow. If you still want it tomorrow, then it is real. If you don't, then that's fine too. I won't take advantage of your situation. You're drunk, I'm very tipsy and we'll go to bed now.'
Defeated, Luke nodded but insisted on holding hands on their way into the bus. Ashton gave in and hoped that Luke wouldn't remember what happened, even though one part of Ashton maybe do wanted to know what he'd do or say.
He didn't exactly regret the first time and everything went back to normal.
Why shouldn't it be like that this time around too?