thirty-five

Two days in their free time at home and Ashton was already standing infront of his mirror, getting ready for meeting Lucas again.
To say he was nervous was an understatement.
Already three times he had changed his outfit because nothing worked for a date night in Ashton's opinion.
Slowly, the honey blonde boy grew frustrated and threw himself on his bed.
Usually, he was quite confident about his style but right now, nothing seemed good enough.
The fact that he had only about fifteen minutes to get ready wasn't helping and Ashton knew, he needed help.

'Hello?'

'Yeah hi, it's me', Ashton said, still scrawled across the bed.

'Ashy, shouldn't you be on your date?'

'Yeah.. that. I kind of need your help.'
With his bottom lip between his teeth, he explained the problem to Luke.

'Uhh, fashion advice. I'll be right over', the blonde said and hung up.
Ashton on the other hand texted Lucas that he would be a little late and the boy from the club replied with 'cool, me too. See ya in 20?' to which Ashton agreed.

When Luke had said he would be right over, Ashton didn't think that Luke was already on his way while talking to him on the phone. Well, he was so the drummer opened the door and let him in. Ashton followed Luke into his bedroom and sat down on his bed as he watched the blonde go through his clothes.

'Where are you two going again?'

'Uhm.. we're going to a restaurant but take the food with us and eat at the sea. It's warm enough to be there in the evening plus were alone there', Ashton explained.

'Aww Ashy, that's so romantic', Luke cooed, ignoring the slight jealousy building up inside of him.

'Not too much?'
The drummer tried to hide the fact that he was blushing at his friend's words by hiding behind his hands, but Luke had already seen it.

'No and don't be ashamed. If I was Lucas, I'd love it', Luke said and gave Ashton the clothes he had picked out.

'Go change, I'll wait.'
Ashton nodded and went to the bathroom, putting the clothes on.

'Don't you dare looking in a mirror before I see it', Luke yelled just in time for Ashton to walk past the mirror without eyeing himself.
The drummer bit his lip as he walked into the bedroom, facing Luke.

'Ah, I did great, didn't I?', the blonde praised himself, allowing the other boy to take a look at his outfit.

As he turned around, standing right infront of the huge mirror that was part of his wardrobe, he hummed happily. Luke had given him black skinny jeans with a chain on them, a neon yellow, tight and long-sleeved shirt and a leather jacket that said 'that's cool baby.'.

'Do you like it?'
With his pretty ocean blue eyes, he looked at Ashton with hope.

'I love it, but isn't that your jacket?'

'Yeah, but I thought it would suit you and I was obviously right', he pointed out, causing the honey blonde to blush. Since he didn't know what to respond, he stayed quiet and so did Luke. Awkwardly, Ashton stood in the middle of the room, still blushing and wondering what was going on and again, so did Luke.

'I should.. probably go', Ashton said after a while, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

'Uh, yeah. Shouldn't be late on your first date.'
Luke followed his friend to the doorframe of the bathroom, where he watched the boy attempted to style his hair with shaking hands.

'Come on, Ash. Let me help you', Luke mumbled and walked closer, taking the drummer's hands in his and bringing them down. Without thinking too much of it, Ashton put his hands on Luke's waist, while the guitarist fixed his hair.

'So, done.'

'Thanks', Ashton mumbled as he looked at Luke. He could swear that for a second, he lost himself in the boy's blue eyes.