thirty-four

A couple of minutes was the answer.
Lucas had responded immediately, admitting that he had been too shy to text himself. Ashton had chuckled at that, blushing a little and since then the boys were texting non stop.

'Luke!', Ashton yelled at the top of his lungs, making Luke jump. The blonde ran towards Ashton, almost slipping and falling on his face as he stopped infront of his friend.

'Jesus..', the drummer said, laughing at Luke's clumsiness.

'God, Ashton', Luke started but his friend cut him off.

'You can just call me Ashton', he said and left Luke with nothing to do than to give himself a facepalm.

'For fuck's sake Ashton. Why did you scream like a maniac?'

'Oh, right, that. I forgot, sorry', Ashton admitted. Luke sighed and walked away, shaking his head in disbelief.

'Luke! I remember', Ashton yelled from the back again but before the guitarist could turn around, Ashton was already standing behind him.

'Lucas, you know, the boy we met in the club in America', he started, 'he actually lives in Sydney.'
With big, happy hazel eyes Ashton looked at Luke, waiting for the guitarist's reaction. His excitement was clearly visible and Luke had to smile aswell at that.

'Awesome. Are you going to meet?'

'Yeah. I mean, it's only one concert before we're home again.'

'You have a lot of time for him then', Luke pointed out, receiving a nod from the other boy.

'Yes. Thank you so much for making me text him. He's great.'
Surprised, the blonde catched Ashton as he threw himself in his arms, pulling Luke as close as possible.

'You're welcome Ash.'

About six hours later, the band was on stage again, performing their last concert before going home for an unclear amount of time. Their tour for their album 'Youngblood' was a lot of fun but also a lot of stress and everyone was exhausted.
A new writing period would start then and maybe a couple of interviews and performances would follow but except for that, they had a little time for themselves.

'Alright, thank you so much for this incredible last night and an amazing way to end this tour. Every single concert was a blessing and a huge honour to play and we wouldn't habe it any other way. Without you, we wouldn't be where we are today but thanks to the best fans in the world, we are. Thank you so much and good night.'
With that, the boys ran off stage, the cheers getting morr distant with every step they took.

'That was awesome', Michael exclaimed, dancing in excitement.

'It was. I'm glad we have a break now but I'm already pumped for the next tour', Calum joined Michael's little happy dance.

Music was playing in the big concert hall, guiding their fans their way outside. The sounds were damped through the thick walls of the shower room they had entered.
Everyone stripped out of their clothes, walking under the showers.
Seconds later, the running showers were drowning out the music.

Ashton closed his eyes, letting the hot water run over his face. With slightly opened lips, he pushed his hair back, gasping for a little air. The honey blonde boy tried to relaxed but the constant feeling of someone's eyes on him were stopping him from that.
When he opened his eyes, wanting to find the the source of his discomfort, no one was even facing him. Even though he could swear that Luke had only just turned around, he was sure that Luke couldn't have been the one staring at him. He was probably just being paranoid.

Rinsing the last remains of shampoo out of his hair, he closed his eyes again. The other boys were already done, but Ashton liked to take his sweet time.
His plans on standing longer under the steaming, hot water were devilishly foiled by Luke. The blonde tapped the drummer's side, making Ashton jump in surpise and look at the other boy with widened eyes.

'Jesus, Luke! You scared me!'

'Sorry', Luke said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. His other hand was holding up the towel that was loosely wrapped around his waist.

'You scared me', Ashton mumbled after giving his heart a chance to slow it's pace again.

'You said that already', Luke said, smirking. He liked that Ashton was blushing and the urge to kiss the drummer again got stronger. Luke didn't know what it was but knowing that he had a chance with his friend made him question everything.
Sierra sometimes just fell out of the picture.

'What did you want anyway?', Ashton asked as he finally collected himself and was able to think straight again.

'I just wanted to tell you to hurry up.'

'And you couldn't do that a little louder so I wouldn't get a heartattack?'

'Nope, so.. hurry up', Luke said and left, leaving Ashton alone again.