twenty-eight

The next time the boys went on stage, pretty much everything was back to normal. Luke perfomed like he usually did, fooling around with everyone and Ashton chose to hold back a little. He decided that it was the best if he wouldn't drink in the next few weeks as long as he couldn't trust his drunk self. Accidents like that night after they went to the club shouldn't happen anymore. Ashton didn't want to be responsible for the end of Luke and Sierra's relationship as much as he would like the blonde for himself.
Luke had already cheated on Sierra anyway and he was lucky that Sierra hadn't found out yet.

The end tunes of 'Want You Back' were playing and Ashton emotionally prepared for 'If These Walls Could Talk'. Even if Luke didn't remember the night, Ashton thought about the guitarist everytime they played that song. They'd fall from grace.

'Some things are meant to be secret and not to be heard
So if I tell you, just keep it and don't say a word.'
At that point Ashton shut down. Hot tears started to run down the drummer's face but he bravely continued drumming. The tears blocked his seight but Ashton didn't let that stop him.

When the song was finally over, Ashton could take a deep breath and calm down. Before they'd perform the last song of the night, Michael talked a little, entertaining the crowd with a few bad jokes.

The drummer quickly wiped away the tears, satisfied with being able to stop them and put on a smile. He finished the rest of the concert and was relieved when they were finally backstage.
While the other boys were happily chatting about something, Ashton needed a moment to himself and left the room. He locked himself in a cabin of a visitor bathroom, sliding down the wall until he sat on the floor hugging his knees and burying his face in them.

Michael, Calum and Luke on the other hand quickly went showering because Calum wanted to finally introduce his new girlfriend.

'She'll be here in ten', Calum said before he started rubbing his hair dry with a towel.

Minutes later, the three boys were waiting dry and completely dressed for Aarany who should be there any minute.
Since they would be playing another concert in the same arena the next day, they could take their time that night.

'Mate, no need to be nervous', Michael laughed as he watched Calum nervously pacing around the room.

'Yeah whatever', Calum answered, making Michael only laugh harder.
Only now Luke noticed that Ashton was missing. Usually, the boys soft giggles would fill the room and make Luke giggle aswell but they didn't.

'Where's Ash?'

'Huh?', Calum asked, turning around to Luke.

'Ashton. Where is he?'

'Dunno. He didn't shower with us though', Calum replied with a shrug. They were used to having one of them missing all of a sudden, so no one was really worried. And even though there was no reason to be worried, Luke couldn't help but concentrate on that weird feeling in the pit of his stomach.

'Hey Aarany!', Calum said, making Luke look up.
The guitarist eyes were now focusing the pretty girl with the blue short hair  infront of him. Aarany walked up to the boys, giving Calum a kiss before greeting Luke and Michael with a hug and indroducing herself.

'Nice to finally meet you', Luke said with a blush as the girl broke away from the hug. Normally Luke wasn't the hug person with people he didn't know. Well, of course unless they were fans.

The boys talked to Aarany for a bit but Luke couldn't entirely focus on the conversation. After he had at least twice noticed that he only thought about the drummer with the honey blonde hair and the hazel eyes, he decided to finally look for the boy.

'I uhm.. sorry, but I need to eh', Luke started, being at a loss for words. The drummer made Luke not being able to think straight and it showed.

'Toilet?'

'Uh.. yeah', Luke said and hurried out of the room. He didn't know where to go but he decided to look in the changing rooms. Maybe Ashton had went there after they had left.