5

Ze Yin hugged tightly onto Yangfeng, restraining his sobs. He suddenly heard some rapid footsteps from outside the house and apparently there was someone running wildly in the corridor. His uneasiness suddenly became as he growled, "Who's out there? Are you all deaf, did I not say not to disturb Madam?"

The door curtain rose, and a manservant ran inside. His expression was very strange as he wiped his sweat while saying to the furious Ze Yin, "Main General, someone wants to see you."

"I'm not seeing anyone! Scram!"

"S-She..."

"Madam needs silence. Whoever it is, just scram!"

"S-S-She..." The manservant was frowning, as if he didn't believe what he was about to say at all, "She said that she was Bai...Bai Pingting!"

Bai Pingting?

Ze Yin and Yangfeng , suddenly wide-eyed, were both shocked.

How was this possible?

Even though Ze Yin had been on the battlefield for many years and encountered all sorts of unusual situations, he was so dazed that he had no idea for the longest time what to do. He shouted, "Hurry, hurry and welcome her in!"

"Husband..." Yangfeng nervously leaned in his chest.

Hearing the news, it felt like her disease had retreated thirty miles. Yangfeng's eyes had gained some fresh colour as she timidly stare at the door curtain.

Ze Yin's eyes were as big as round as saucers too. He couldn't help feel worried and secretly thought that if she was a fake, she would deal significant harm to Yangfeng's heart. No matter who the imposter was, he would chop her up into pieces immediately.

Yet who had such courage to pretend to be Bai Pingting in front of Yangfeng?

Not to mention, it was strange how an imposter would know the location of their secluded residence.

During his uneasiness, there was already movement in the corridor. The curtain then began to slowly rise.

Yangfeng's five fingers tightly grabbed onto Ze Yin's clothes as she forced herself to look at the doorway. As the curtain lifted, the light sprinkled through the doorway enter the room. It dazzled the people inside and Yangfeng could only see little flowers before a face became printed into her eyes.

"Yangfeng, why are you sick?" That gentle voice was very familiar.Just hearing one word was enough to make people cry.

Yangfeng's caught her breath as she studied the face before her very carefully. She finally exhaled, saying, "Oh god..." The single breath wrestled out the rest of her energy, and her body softened as it fell back into Ze Yin's arms.

Pingting was taken aback. "Yangfeng! What's wrong?"

"Wife, Wife!"

The two people hurriedly shouted over and over again, and the servants brought over a warm towel. The towel was placed on Yangfeng's forehead. She slowly woke up, her eyes pinned on Pingting as if afraid that just a blink would make her disappear. Her voice was soft as she exclaimed, "Pingting, you're still alive? Oh God, for once you are merciful."

"Did you all think I died? No wonder when the servants looked at me, their gazes were all weird." Pingting's face was apologetic, "It's all my fault for not keeping the promise of three days. You and Zuiju were all worried to death that I wasn't found, right? Where's Zuiju? Bring her over so her worries may be put back to rest soon."

"Who's Zuiju?"

Pingting hesitated. "Did she not come to you?"

Ze Yin and Yangfeng had a very strange expression. They shook their heads together.

Pingting knew that something was wrong. She hurriedly asked, "If you didn't see Zuiju, didn't send help into the mountains, didn't find my traces, how did you guess I was dead?"

"We found a woman's clothes and bones torn to bits by wolves at the foot of the mountain, alongside the luminous jade hairpin Yangfeng gave you. Yangfeng knew that..."

"Oh God..." Pingting had completely stiffened. She covered her mouth as her eyes widened. Several moments later, she gave a piercing cry of grief, "Zuiju!"

The storm on the Songsen Mountains seemed to replay.

As if in a trance, Zuiju turned around, holding onto her silver needles. The tip of the silver needles gleamed alongside the glowing snow. It got brighter and brighter as if this single needle could light up the entire world.

After the brightness, the world suddenly became dark. Pingting felt immense fatigue, her field of vision becoming blurry. Her knees then collapsed as she fell towards the ground.

Yangfeng was startled. "Pingting! Pingting! What's wrong?" She struggled off the bed to look.

Ze Yin was terrified she would trip and supported her, "Yangfeng, be careful..."

"Don't worry about me, go look at her! Hurry!"

Ze Yin picked up the fainted Pingting, ordering, "Doctor, bring the doctor over!"

"Hurry hurry, bring the best ginseng here."

"Madam, that's for you..."

Now that Yangfeng had seen Pingting, the root of her illness was gone and so she was much better. She creased her eyebrows, "How could I be sick when Pingting is still alive? Hurry!" She ordered them. Only until she saw the servants bring out the ginseng did she finally relax. After all, she was sick for a long time and suddenly felt her heart jump too much. Her limbs were drained of energy. She feebly instructed a small maid, "Go, boil my medicine too and then give it to me."

Alive.

Yeah, all were still alive.

It was very warm.

After enduring the wind and snow of the Songsen Mountains, as well nights under rocks and snow, this thick cotton blanket was very warm.

The broken bone remained painful, and it was enough to jolt a person in coma.

She opened her eyes and couldn't help reach out to touch her wound at her leg. Someone had clumsily bandaged it for her, and she could smell the fragrance of the herbs from inside it.

However, she kept on thinking something was wrong. Her eyebrows remained clenched as she reached into the blankets, but all she felt on her fingertips was smooth, naked skin.

"Ah..." Zuiju was surprised and quickly retracted her hand.

"Ah," mocked a man standing in the shadows of a dark corner in the room.

Zuiju widened her eyes, "Where are my clothes?"

"In the snow."

That's right, snow, Yangfeng, get help...

Pingting...

Damn, Pingting!

She hurriedly touched her hair, but it was empty.

"Where is my luminous jade hairpin?" Zuiju anxiously asked.

"In the snow. I even painstakingly went on to find a woman's corpse and put it with that. But, maybe more than a half has already entered a wolf's stomach."

"How long has it been?"

"How long has what been?"