35

The Marquess of Jing-An's fame was short-lived, his defeat at a small city disappeared along with the conventional monarchies.

Yun Chang had already lost their Royal House Bei Mo and Gui Le were no different. The scattered troops had no leader, and after many years of war, the peasants were eager to live peaceful and harmonious lives.

The unification was already set in stone. What everyone needed was a king that the entire world recognised.

Who else was more qualified other than the Duke of Zhen-Bei to take on this important job?

What He Xia had spent his lifetime on, in the end, only became the achievement of his one and only rival.

"Knife-knife!"

"Sword!"

"Knife-knife!"

"Sword!" Ze Qing scratched his head helplessly, correcting Changxiao for the hundredth time.

Changxiao argued back for the hundredth time too. "Knife-knife!"

Ze Qing turned around and begged, "Godfather, Godfather, hurry and tell Changxiao this is a precious sword, not a knife."

"You little fool. If he likes saying it's a knife, then let him say it's a knife. After all, names are created by people." Fanlu's voice was loud as he lifted the curtain, swaggering inside with Zuiju. "Main General Ze Yin, I'm here today to drink a very important cup of tea."

Zuiju narrowed her eyes at him, "Forget it, you ought to be ashamed of yourself."

"What do I have to be ashamed about? I'm a saviour."

"What kind of saviour would force others to get their son to be his godson?"

Fanlu harrumphed, "What's wrong with being my grandson? That Ze Qing kid sure has a great deal."

Zuiju frowned, "Why does he have a great deal?"

"Isn't getting a beautiful flower-like godmother for no reason a great deal?" This was something Zuiju couldn't retort back at all.

The two kids watched amusedly as they bickered. Ze Yin was at one side, smiling as he watched.

Because of Ze Yin's rescue, Yangfeng was exceptionally grateful to Fanlu and long discussed about getting Ze Qing to acknowledge him as his godfather. When she heard Fanlu had arrived, she immediately hurried to greet him and happened to hear Fanlu's last words. She stood by the door, laughing softly, "Yes, that child Ze Qing really has got a great deal."

At her words, everyone laughed.

Although Fanlu was a bit strange, he was on good terms with everyone. He took his acknowledgement in being a godfather as an official matter. He sent official invitations with a bit of a fanfare to several friends. When noon came, everyone all came through the door. Ruo Han was first to arrive, followed by Moran and Luo Shang and the others. In the end, even Chu Beijie turned up.

After He Xia's death, everyone was busy dealing with the collapsed lifestyles of the countries. This was the first time they'd seen each other for a while hence after the ceremony was finished, they naturally didn't disband immediately.

Fanlu obtained a few pots of good alcohol and opened all of them, allowing the scent of alcohol to escape into every corner.

When there was good alcohol, the place was naturally lively. Everyone had come from different places and began to chat, inevitably reaching the topic of He Xia. Huo Yunan drank a few sips of alcohol, suddenly sighing, "That situation was so difficult back then. Who would've thought He Xia would charge towards a mere Qierou? We were really, really lucky."