Chapter 1 - Bloody hands

I stretched out my tired muscles as I entered the nurses and doctors Lounge.

"Just finishing night shift?" I look too see Dr.Williams was sitting on one of the brown leather sofas. Dr. Willaims is the chief physician here at Springfield Hospital and has become a father figure to me since my parents died.

"Yes, it was a long night" I sighed. Making myself coffee before I leave.
"I know I said this before but I have to say it again. You are wasting your potential as a nurse. You would be a great doctor." He said for the 100th time.
"And like I told you before that's not in the cards right now. I need to talk care of eli and I cant afford that kind of debt right now" I said turning around to face him slightly annoyed.

"Single mothers Take amazing careers all the time. And don't worry about the debt. I said I would pay for it." He argued
" Listen, I'm thankful. You're willing to help me out, but I can't let you pay. And it's not in my cards right now. I'm happy being a nurse." I said tossing away the rest of my coffee before putting on my coat.

" Stubborn as always when you come to your senses, let me know." He said waving me off. I rolled my eyes making my way to my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled up to my sister's dina house, had a strange feeling as I walk up to the door. I went to knock but I heard yelling following by my baby boys cry. I didnt wait I just rushed to the house.

I wasn't prepared for the scene in front of me. Eli was hiding under the table in the kitchen with a bruise on his cheek and tears running down his face. My sister's boyfriend as well as eli's father dean was screaming why trying to teach for eli. Dina was curled in a ball of the floor crying and bleeding. I didnt think only acted.

I rushed towards eli. "Mama!" He screamed as soon as he seen me. Alerting dean I was there, he grabbed me by the throat throwing me to the wall when I dropped to the ground he kicked my stomach knocking the air out of me and not doubt breaking a rib.

"This whore isnt your mother you little brat." Yelled dean. Then he grabbed me by the hair pulling me up standing so we were eye to eye.
"He is my son, I been raising him for the past 5 years well you and dina did god knows what" I hissed. He used his another hand to slap me across the face.

"Listen here you whore that is my son. Just cause you watched him well we were taking care of these doesn't mean shit. Now leave us and my son alone" dean screamed then threw me on the floor. I looked at Eli he was shaking in fear. Dina finally got to her feet and stepped towards dean.

"Dean please give him time, once she is gone he will learn we are his parents" Dina said putting her arms on his shoulders. "No. I hate you. I want my mommy" yelled Eli in confusion and anger. Dean pushed Dina away causing he lose her balance sending her to the floor. 

Once again I was lifted by my hair onto my tip toes. "You slut brainwashed him he doesn't know who his real parents are" he growled slapping me across the face again. "He is my son I adopted him and raised him the only reason you see him he because your rich parents paid off the judge when you decide you wanted him. I still have full right you only have visitation" I spat at him spiting my blood all over his face which wasn't the smartest idea.

"Then I guess I have no chose but to get rid of the problem" he said dropping the grip on my hair only to wrap his hand around my neck choking me. I Struggled to get out of his grip but it was not use.  "once your dead Eli will realize we are his parents and you are just a dumb slut that took him away from us" Dean said tightening his grip. "mommy" I heard Eli cry as black dots danced in my vision. 

In panic my hand roamed then counter besides me. Then I felt it the hard handle touch my fingers I stretched as much as I could then grab the knife, my saviour in my hand then in a single motion I drove it into deans neck. He looked at me wide eyed grasped for air as he let me go the hit the floor. I gasped air breathing for felt like the first time in a minutes. I went to Eli for the fog the clouded my mind cleared.

When I had Eli in my hands I turned to see Dina kneeling over Dean. "You monster You killed him" she screamed. "He was trying to kill me Dina and hurt Eli" I said still in shock of what happened. "He just Wanted our son back you bitch. You were keeping him from us" she stood up yelling. "No Dina he.." she cut me off. "I calling the police and getting my son back you murderess bitch" she cried grabbing her cell from her pocket. the with those words I ran with Eli handle tight in my arms. 

Authors note: Chapters are short to start but will get londer as the story continues.