Chapter 3- Newspaper

The newspaper that is mentioned is in the picture above!

I dropped the gun to the floor then turned my attention to the boy behind me kneeling down beside him I checked his wounds. "He is died" I heard the one of the men say I took a deep breathe as I fought tears. I am a murder I thought to myself. as the men can closer to us the younger on kneel beside us putting his arm on the bloody boy shoulder. "what happened he asked" the boy answered before I could "he attacked me she stopped him then killed him" he said in shock.

"You protected him" said the older man I nodded. "mommy" I heard Eli yell the run towards me I quickly ran toward him picking him up. Cursing to myself that he didn't listen. he held me tight as he seen the dead body on the ground I turned his head into my neck.

"Listen I'm a nurse with some doctor training. He isn't severely hurt but he does need stitches and I like to check if he has any broken bones. Is there somewhere we can go." I asked the older man just nodded saying the farm I passed was theirs.

We carefully loaded the teen to the back of my truck. the older man drove well Eli sat on my lap beside him the other men were in the back with the injured boy. My own bodies was still sore the bruised from Dean but I pushed how I felt aside since the boy needed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we made it to the house I learned the injured boy was Miles, The older man was jack, Gentle face is named Asher and Mr. Intense was Xavier. I told them my name was belle which was my nickname. And Eli's name of course. It didn't even come to mind that I should of given them fake names.

We made it into the house. jack locked the door behindus I dint think much of it since what just happened, I would lock the door too. Asher and Xavier put miles on the couch I quickly went to work fixing him up with my doctors bag I had in the truck. Eli stood close to me until Asher asked if he wanted to play goldfish in the kitchen while I worked on miles. Xavier and Jack were talking quietly at the side of the room but I couldn't hear what they were saying

After I bandaged him up and let them know I think he has broken rib but I couldn't really tell since I couldn't x-ray him. After I clean up and washed my hands I made my way to the kitchen with Jack on my tail. Xavier helped miles up and into the kitchen. I looked at Eli as he yawn I gave him I tight hug then asked if he was having fun.

"yeah mom, Ash sucks at cards" Eli grinned "I don't suck you cheated" Asher commented. Eli yawn again. "alright buddy lets get going" I said getting Eli up the chair walking to the door only to be blocked by Xavier which to be honestly scared me making me jump pulling Eli tighter to me.

"hold on its late your little guy is tried. stay here for the night we have a spare room" jack said "please mom" begged Eli, everything was telling me to stay no but I am sore and tried. I nodded making the men smile. "Asher will show you the room once you get Eli asleep come down so me can talk" Jack said making me nervous but I just nodded following Asher.

~~~~~~~~~~

Miles and Xavier got our bags from my truck, I warned miles to sit and relax and I could help but he was stubborn. After about 30 mins Eli was fast asleep. I took a second took look around at the small room was mostly empty just had a double bed, nights stands and a book shelf with a anew books. What struck me as strange was the window had bars across it and was locked tight, it made the voice in the back of my head telling be to grab Eli and run but I already witness that the area around here its the safeness so I am sure they was there reasons.

I made my way downstairs to see the 4 men in the dinning room sitting with jack at the head. As I got closer I seen a newspaper on the table. My heart stopped, my palms got sweating as I see Eli and I Picture on the front cover with the heading "Boy kidnapped And Father Murdered" I swallow as I looked by at the man frozen in my spot.

"sit" said jack. I took a step back "listen I can explain what it says there isn't true" I said with a shaking voice, " I said sit" jack almost yelled. I walk closer to the table and sat to where he was pointing between Asher and Xavier. Sitting down I didn't look at anyone I just shook in fear and stared at my hands. They can't turn me in, I cant lose Eli were the only things going though my mind.

"you said Eli is your son. Explain" demanded jacks. I took a deep breathe not wanting to tell them anything but I had no choice. Maybe once they new the truth the let us go and not tell anyone.

"My younger sister gave birth to Eli as a teenager, After he was born she took of with Eli's father saying they didn't want to raise him and a lot of other stuff. So I adopted Eli and been raising him as my son. Until a few months ago His birth parent came back to the picture wanting Eli. Luckily the judge ruled in my favor, but unfortunately Dean the Eli's dad is rich and was able to pay of the judge to get visiting rights" I said looking around as I spoke everyone just kept a straight face.

"Is that why you kidnapped and kill the man cause you didn't want to share your son" Asked Asher. "No. of course not" I said threaten. jack nodded at my to explain. "I work at a hospital as a nurse, My sister Dina and dean watched Eli while I worked. When I went to pick him up... I heard yelling" I took a pause nervous to say the rest. "I found Eli hiding under the table trying to get away from dean, Dina was on the ground bloody. I had no choice I attacked dean get him away from Eli. Dean hit me many times then said he was going to kill me and keep Eli. He was very mad Eli didn't see him as his dad. Dean was chocking me I just grab what I could and ended up stabbing Dean" I fished with tears running down my cheek.

"So you protected your son and ran" asked miles. I nodded wiping my tears with my sleeve. "That puts us in a tough spot you are a wanted criminal on the run not only wanted for kidnapped but for killing a man, well 2 men now" said jack my mouth dropped I completely forgot but then man on the road. "I didn't have a choice his was going to kill miles" I yelled

"do you really believe that's how the law will see it?" asked Xavier. I started to cry again shaking in fear. They were right I would go to jail and lose Eli. I made eye contacted with jack who was smirking.

"I have an offer that you have no choice but to accept" said jack with a evil look.