1.3

My alarm went off at seven in the morning which gave me enough time to take a quick shower and get dressed in some comfortable clothing. My mom was out god knows where and in some twisted way, made me happy. It meant I didn't have to face her and I didn't really like confrontation anyway. Part of me knew she wouldn't remember the fight we had last night because she would be too high to.

I looked around the small apartment with a small smile on my face as the nostalgia was setting in. Despite the recent events, I did have some good memories in this little apartment. I grabbed a small piece of paper and a pen and began writing a note to my mom, hoping for some closure if anything.

Dear Mom,
Despite everything I do love you. You're my mom and I thank you for bringing me into this world. I wish you didn't stay on the current path you're on right now, but I'm still hoping for you to change. I miss the old you and have decided to go and live with dad. Don't worry, I'll tell Jason all the good things about you so that he knows he was loved by an amazing woman. I'll give him a kiss and hug for you too. I'm not sure if this is a goodbye or not, but just know that I'm doing this for the both of us. I hope that my absence will be the wake up call you need to get help. I love you.

Xoxo y/n.

Folding the paper I wrote my moms name on it and left it on the kitchen counter for her to see. I quickly whipped the tears from my eyes and grabbed my suitcase and left. I have about forty five minutes to get to the airport and get boarded on my plane. Making my way down the small hallway I knocked on Kevin and Mary's door. The door swung open and Mary greeted me with a kind smile.

"Y/n! Please come in!" She opened the door further.

I smiled back, "I would love too Mary but I actually need to ask a favor. Would you mind driving me to the airport?"

Mary's face fell and she sighed softly, "Let me just get my shoes and I'll be right out. Kevin!" Mary called as she disappeared back into her apartment as I heard muffled voices before Kevin came out with a sad smile.

"So this is it, then?" The bald man shuffled on his feet.

I nodded, swallowing back the lump in my throat, "Yeah, it is."

"You deserve this break." Kevin whispered softly as he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him as he patted my back and then we separated.

"Ready?" Mary asked and I nodded licking my lips. Kevin and I did our handshake for the last time before it was time to go.

[...]

Daddio: I can't wait to see you!

Me: I just got off the plane and I'm getting my bag

Daddio: I SEE YOU!

"Y/N!" My father yelled and I turned my head, seeing him running towards me with my little brother Jason in his arms. I smiled as I grabbed my suitcase and met them both halfway. My father wrapped his free arm around me as I hugged them both, Jason putting his little arms around my neck as he babbled into my ear.

"I missed you guys." I sighed in relief as my eyes began watering. When we pulled back from the hug, Jasper grabbed the air as he reached for me and I giggled taking him out of my fathers arms.

"It's so good to see you! You got so big!" My father let out a watery chuckle while grabbing my suitcase. I kissed Jaspers cheek as I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"You hungry?"

"Starving!" I groaned, "All I had was those tiny packets of complimentary peanuts on the plane."