1.8

"Ned move your butt over!" MJ huffed as her and Ned fought over seats on the love seat while Peter and I sat on the couch, a bowl of popcorn mixed with m&ms in between us.

"Why don't you just go sit somewhere else." Ned groaned.

"Like where?!" MJ smacked her lips.

"The floor." Ned pushed the curly haired brunette off the love seat as her body clambered to the floor.

MJ popped her head up and glared at Ned who was cackling, "Boy, I know you didn't just do that!"

"Awe come here." I outstretched my arms and cooed in a baby voice towards MJ who pouted and walked over to me with her shoulders sagged.

MJ plopped down next to me on the couch while I scooted over into the middle.

"We've known y/n for more than a week and she treats me better than you have since middle school, Ned." MJ sassed before shoving a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"Did you hear something Peter?" Ned cheesed over at his best friend.

"No." Peter mumbled jokingly around a mouth full of popcorn.

MJ huffed, "Disrespectful I tell you."

When we were all finally situated, MJ pressed play on the dvd remote and soon the first Paranormal Activity movie started playing. MJ was currently cuddled into my side, laughing under her breath whenever something scary happened while Peter had the blanket pulled up to his nose, shrieking when a loud bang would happen or when Katie got dragged away down the fall and the door slammed shut.

"Katie's fucking possessed! Guess they have to throw the entire person away!" Ned smacked his lips.

The movie soon ended and MJ and I got up to get more snacks and use the bathroom before we watched the second movie.

"You good Peter?" MJ giggled as both of us looked Peter, his doe brown eyes were blown out and he was shaking lightly.

"What?" He looked up at us, "Oh, yeah! Yeah I'm fine. I'm cool." He cleared his throat.

"You're a dork." I teased him, catching his smile as I followed MJ into the kitchen.

"YOU HAVE A DOG?!" I yelled when I felt something cold touch the side of my calf, looking down to see a brown pit bull licking my leg.

"Yeah," MJ laughed, "His name is Moose."

"He's adorable!" I cooed bending down to his level and petting behind his ears.

"I'm surprised he didn't say hello to you and peter when you came over, he usually does. Lazy boy was probably sleeping."

Once we got a refill of our snacks and went to the bathroom, we made our way back into the living room where the boys were. Moose followed us and jumped into Peters lap licking the side of his face.

[...]

I groaned softly, curling up into a ball and pressing myself closer to the warm body next to me. My attempt to go back to sleep failed when my phone kept buzzing on the coffee table. Grabbing it quickly I didn't want to wake anyone else up at... nine in the morning... why?

"Hello?" I answered groggily, sitting up on the couch and seeing Peter sleeping sitting up, his mouth hung open. I knew that if MJ or Ned were up and saw us cuddling in our sleep they'd send endless pictures into the group chat.

"Hey, y/n. I know you're at a friends house having fun, but I need you to come home for a few hours. I got called into work and it was supposed to be my day off and-"

"Don't worry dad," I softly cut off his rambling, "I'll get my stuff and be there soon. I'll watch Jason."

My dad sighed in relief, "Thank you so much! I hate to take you away from your friends but when I'm home you can go back over. I promise it's just for a few hours."

"Okay," I hummed getting you from the couch and giving Peter the rest of the blanket. "I'm heading home now."

"Okay, be safe. I love you."

"I love you too." I yawned into the phone before ending the call and stuffing the device in my back pocket.

Peter groaned softly as he stretched, his black hoodie riding up a little to expose his toned stomach.

"Did I wake you?"

Peter shook his head, "No, no. Where are you going?"

"My dad got called into work and needs someone to watch Jason."

"Can I come?"

I shrugged, "If you want too. I wouldn't mind the company. Should we tell the others?"

Peter waved it off as he got up and folded up our blanket neatly, "Nah, Ned and MJ sleep like rocks. We have a few hours before they're up, we can just text the group chat so they know."

Peter cleaned up the snack mess and made sure the blankets we used were neatly folded and stacked while I grabbed my stuff and brushed my teeth. We shrugged on our jackets and quietly left MJs apartment, the warm spring breeze hitting our faces as we walked towards my building.

PETERS POV

"So what's your favorite color?" I asked the y/h/c

"I can't choose, makes me feel like I'm hurting the other colors feelings." She blushed and I shook my head with a smile. "What about you?"

"Mhmm I really like red and blue."

"Those are good colors."

"So I was thinking, if you don't have to work tomorrow of course, I could show you around New York sometime. We could explore the city, get some food and all that Jazz."

Y/n smiled up at me, "That sounds nice. I don't have to work again till after school Monday so we have all day."

"We could bring your brother too, go on a little adventure."

"You do realize he's like three right?" Y/n raised one of her dark eyebrows at me.

I shrugged, "Age is just a number."

[...]

"Good, you're here." Her father sighed as he rushed around the living room grabbing his phone and keys, "Jason already had breakfast and is down for his nap."

"Okay." Y/n nodded while I kicked off my vans.

"You're Peter right?" Her father asked looking me up and down it sent a shiver down my spine. I felt intimidated slightly as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yes, sir." I replied as calmly as I good while my mouth went dry.

"No funny business. I mean it. That goes for you too y/n." He dad said seriously before leaving the house with a swift kiss to his daughters cheek.

"Sorry about him. He can be a little protective." Y/n scratched the back of her neck.

"Don't worry about it. He's a father so it's understandable."

Y/n nodded while kicking off her shoes and putting them next to mine, "You hungry? I can make us some food."

"That sounds good." I smiled at the mention of food, "want some help?"

"You don't have to. You're the guest after all."

I chuckled rolling up my sweatshirt sleeves, "I'm going to help. Chef Peter knows a thing or two about breakfast foods."

-

Is the pace good? Because I don't want things to be going too slow aha

I'm impatient though because slowburns are agonizing but are amazing at the same time soo

Let me know what you think and as always I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if not I feel ya

Have a wonderful day or night!!

❤️❤️❤️