5.2

PETERS POV

As soon as I walked out on stage, I became bombarded by reports, shoving their microphones and cameras in my face.

"Okay, one question at a time." I said backing up a little as they invaded my personal space.

I pointed to a woman in the front row and she asked her question, "Are you the head Avenger? Are you the head Avenger now?"

"Uh, no I'm not. Next question!"

"If the aliens come back, what are you gonna do?"

My face fell and my heart started beating faster. I couldn't answer these types of questions and give people the hope they wanted. I didn't know what I was going to do if aliens ever did come back.

"Does anyone have any neighborhood questions?" I chuckled nervously.

Everyone started shouting their questions at once, bombarding me. I leaned over towards a man, hoping to hear him better.

"Sean Wilford, Queens Tribune. What is it like to take over from Tony Stark? Those are some big shoes to fill."

I gulped, a lump forming in my throat. His question echoed around in my head. God, I felt like I was going to pass out.

"I'm uh-- I'm going to go. Thanks so much, everyone, for coming."

I made my way outside and away from the hustle and bustle. I jumped onto a roof, slipping off my mask to get some fresh air into my lungs. Out of the corner of my eye, a freshly painted mural caught my attention.

My face fell and my breath hitched in my throat, a painting of Iron Man staining the wall with flowers surrounding it. I looked away, feeling myself get choked up at the thought of my friend.

There was no way I was going to take over for Tony. I couldn't. Could I? I groaned under my breath, grabbing my phone out of my back pocket and shooting my girlfriend a text. Maybe she could give me some good advice.

[...]

"Hey." I smiled softly when she answered the door, a sleepy Jason on her hip.

"You okay? You look exhausted." Her eyebrows screwed down as she let me in. I kicked off my vans.

"Someone asked me a question today and it kinda caught me off guard." I admitted, carefully taking Jason into my arms after he did the grabby hands towards me.

"What did they ask?"

"They asked what it was like to take over for Tony Stark."

I glanced up at my girlfriend, seeing the question take her off guard as well. Her y/e/c eyes changed due to the emotions she was feeling. She sighed, finger tips gently touching the widow charm on her wrist.

"I don't think anyone can take over for Tony Stark. Even you. There can only be one Tony Stark."

"Yeah," I said absentmindedly, "But I think there needs to be a leader. I mean, I don't know what the others are doing and obviously cap retired. I just don't think that leader is me."

"Hey," y/n cooed softly, pushing my face up gently to meet her eyes, "Don't stress yourself out too much. The world isn't in any kind of danger right now, so you don't need to worry. I'm sure there will be other hero's who come when we least expect it. It doesn't have to fall on you."

I relished in her soft tone, the way her smooth palms rested on my cheeks.

"Thank you."

Y/n grinned, pecking my lips a few times. She pulled away all too soon for my liking. I captured her lips in mine once more, our mouths molding together as the kiss became heated.

"You should probably finish packing." Y/n panted breaking the kiss, her hand in my chest.

"I really don't want too." I mumbled breathlessly.

"I'll see you in the morning when I drop Jason off."

[...]

The sun streamed in through my blinds, the sounds of the city following while I packed the rest of my things in my suit case. My phone started buzzing, an unknown number popping up.

I groaned softly knowing it was Nick Fury. I let the phone ring, zipping up my suitcase. When I was fully packed, I turned and looked towards the spider man suit I can in the case, a gift from Mr. Stark when I helped him in his civil war.

My jaw clenched as I walked over and shut my closet door.

"Hungry?" I heard aunt may ask. When I turned around she threw a banana at my shoulder.

"Ow." I grumbled rubbing the spot.

Aunt May gasped, her hands covering her mouth to try and stop her laughter, "Oh... So sorry. Ha-ha. I thought you could sense that with your Peter-tingle."

I had to laugh lightly at the nick name, picking the banana off the floor, "Please do not start calling it the peter tingle."

"So what's up? You can dodge bullets but not bananas?"

"No, I just really need this vacation. I need a break."

May came and gave me a hug, "You deserve it."

I hugged her back for a second longer, both of us pulling away.

"You should pack your suit. Just in case. I have a tingle about it." May smirked, laughing evilly as she left my room.

"Please stop saying tingle, may!" I groaned. I glanced over at my iron spider suit, seeing it shimmer in his holographic case. The words Iron Spider suit charging. DO NOT unplug hovering in red font.

"No, I'm not going to bring my suit." I stated firmly.

"Peter! Y/n's here!" May yelled. I grinned, rushing out of my room to see my girlfriend.

[...]

"I can't wait to roam the streets and find me a lovely European lady." MJ said while we all boarded the plane.

Y/n giggled, "Don't they hate us?"

"I'll woo her over." MJ shrugged making y/n snort.

Ned and I both had seats next to each other so did MJ and y/n, which wasn't hard at all to have Ned switch with y/n so that her and I could sit together.

"Yo, Parker!" Flash smirked holding a small glass of bourbon, "This is an airplane. It's like the busses you're used to, except it flies over the poor neighborhoods instead of driving through them."

"Shut up, Flash." I grumbled, putting both y/n and my bags up above in the compartment.

"Excuse me, miss." Y/n tapped the flight attendants shoulder.

"How can I help you?"

"That boy blipped so technically he's 18 and not 21." Y/n smirked at Flash, his eyes widening when the flight attendant took away his drink.

"Power move." Ned geeked as we all sat down.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. Flight time today will be eight hours and forty-nine minutes to Venice, Italy." The pilot said over the coms.

Y/n yawned into her hand, putting the shade down on the window so it wouldn't create a glare on the screen.

"What do you want to watch first? I downloaded a bunch of Netflix movies last night."

"Mhmm Final Destination?" Y/n looked up at me.

"You know the first one starts off about a plane crashing, right?" MJ asked leaning forward from her seat on the other side of the isle.

"Yep." Y/n replied popping the p.

"Peter, whenever you and y/n call it quits, I would like to date her."

Y/n playfully shot the brunette a wink.