1.6

Question: who should Zendaya's character date?

YOUR POV

"You excited for your first day, y/n?" Peter asked as the last bell rang while we gathered our stuff.

"Yeah." I said feeling a little giddy. There's was just something about the coffee shop atmosphere that made me happy, "I'm a little nervous though." I admitted.

Peter nudged me lightly as we walked out of our English class, "I'm sure you'll be just fine. You already know how to make drinks and work the machines. Me and the rest of the gang will support you no matter what, okay?"

I nodded, nudging peter back as his words seemed to help soothe the anxiety about the whole situation.

"You guys ready to walk our little y/n down to the coffee shop?" MJ smiled as she wrapped her arm around me.

"I think my dad is picking me up, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving you guys a ride." I offered.

"Can he? My feet already hurt." Ned groaned and Peter hit him in the shoulder.

The four of us weaved through the students that were lingering in the hallway still before the fresh spring breeze hit my face. I waved at my dad when I saw his black suv sitting in the parking lot.

"Hey dad, is it cool if my friends catch a ride with us? They wanted to see me me on my first day."

"That's fine with me." My dad nodded and unlocked the car as we all clambered in.

"This is Peter, MJ and Ned." I pointed to each one of the gang.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Peter greeted my dad.

"Nice to meet you all. You're Ned Leeds, right? Marcus' nephew?" My dad asked Ned as he backed out of the school parking lot.

"Yep, that's me!" Ned smiled.

[...]

"Have a good day, kiddo. I'll pick you up when your shift is over." My dad kissed my cheek before all of us got out of the car.

"Y/n, I'm ordering a drink from you just so I can tip you." MJ licked her lips, "The coffee here is so good. Food too."

"The chocolate chip brownie muffin is to die for." Ned groaned as his stomach growled.

"You're always thinking about food." Peter teased.

I laughed at my friends as Ned held the door open for all of us. The coffee shop was nice and retro inside. Black and white tiled floors with wooden booths and tables lining the walls and a few in the middle. One wall was all brick, decorated nicely with some old fashioned pictures (a few of Ned and his Uncle) and chalk board with the drink and food of the day, along with the specials. Yellow fairy lights wrapped around the pillars on the ceiling making the place really come together.

The actual bar where I would be working looked nice with the stock lining the dark wooden shelves and polished wood.

"Uncle Marcus!" Ned huffed his uncle who looked to be in his 50s, his greying hair styled nicely.

"Ned! It's good to see you!" Marcus patted his nephews back before turning to me, "You must be y/n Toomes. It's good to finally meet you."

I shook his hand and smiled, "Likewise. I got to say, I love the coffee shop design."

"Why thank you! It's taken a lot of work to get this place where it is, glad people take the time to appreciate it. Now, how about I give you the tour around and see what you can do?"

"Sounds good."

[...]

After Marcus gave me the tour of the place and showed me where they keep the rest of their stock, he gave me my uniform which consisted of a black t shirt with Family Bean printed on the back and front, and a bright orange apron.

"Ooo look at you!" MJ cooed as she sat criss cross in a booth near the window.

"You look great, y/n." Peter gave me a thumbs up and I blushed at all the attention.

"You guys make me feel like I'm wearing a wedding dress or something." I waved them off.

"Y/n I'm hungryyyyyy! The starvation is setting in and I might die soon." Ned said dramatically as he pressed his face against the muffin display case.

"Get your face off the glass boy!" Marcus hissed and Ned backed away with his hands raised. "Swear I just cleaned that glass and you had to go and breathe on it."

"Sorry, uncle." The chubby boy scratched the back of his neck.

"Since it's just us here right now, why don't you practice making some drinks so I can see those skills your father was talking about in action."

I nodded as MJ came up to the register and looked at the chalkboard menu.

"Let me get a caramel macchiato with extra caramel and some whipped cream on top." MJ ordered as I punched it in on the register.

"I'll take just a hot chocolate." Peter ordered while licking his lips.

"Can I please get a chocolate chip brownie muffin!" Ned groaned.

We laughed at his desperation as I punched the other orders into the register.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Do you want a drink or something y/n? I'll buy." Peter asked as his bushy eyebrows slightly furrowed together.

"I'm okay." I politely declined, "Thanks though, Peter."

I told them their total and they handed me each their share of the money. I counted it and handed them back their change before closing the cash draw and getting started on their drinks.

I got started on MJs drink first and let it mix while I started making Peters drink. It didn't take me long to finish the beverages since I've made them a thousand times at my old store. When I was done I called their names and handed them their drinks and Ned his muffin.

Peter moaned as he took a drink of his hot chocolate, "This is so good oh my god."

"Y/n, you are god send. Where have you been all my life this drink has made my soul full." MJ leaned over the counter and pecked my cheek like a dork and I couldn't help but laugh loudly with Marcus at how dramatic they were being.

"As promised." MJ dumped a wad of ones into the tip jar and continued drinking her coffee.

"How's the muffin, Ned?" Marcus asked with a chuckle when he saw all the crumbs around his mouth.

"I'm pretty sure I have diabetes but yolo!" Ned yelled the last part while wiping his mouth off.

-

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if not, then there's always the next one

The next few chapters are going to be as fluffy as I can make them btw

Remember that you deserve love for no other reason than for simply being you !
(Quote by Dan Teano)

I love you all and thank you for the support ❤️❤️❤️