Phase 3 - 3.1

Phase 3: Homecoming

Enjoy!

THIRD PERSON POV

"Things are never going to be the same now." Adrian Toomes sighed looking at alien ruins from the avengers battle of New York.

"You got big green guys smashing buildings and aliens coming from the sky! I mean what in the world!" Toomes shook his head glancing up at the broken Avengers tower.

"Yeah, it's bad." Another construction worker agreed.

Toomes walked away with a sneer plastered on his face. People so high up on the tower could make a mess and not clean it up and nobody would bat and eye, but people much lower on the scale weren't so lucky.

"Oh, nice of you to show up!" Toomes spat sarcastically toward another coworker, Bryce.

"My alarm didn't go off." Bryce shrugged it off.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just start stacking that armor plating like I asked yesterday." Adrian ordered.

Anne Maria Hoag and a few agents of the DODC came strutting in, all attention was instantly on them.

"Attention everyone! Please stop your work and evacuate. In accordance with the executive order 396B, all post battle clean ups are now under our jurisdiction. Thank you for your service and we'll take it from here." Anne announced.

"And who the hell are you?" Adrian furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Qualified Personal. That's all you need to know." A DODC agent rolled his shoulders back.

"Look lady, I have a contract with the city to clean this place up, it's okay with the city and-" Toomes tried to defend.

"I apologize, Mr. Toomes, really. But like I said before, the clean up will be under our jurisdiction." Anne spoke before looking past Adrian and out towards the many workers behind him, "Now, please turn over any and all exotic materials to us or you will be prosecuted.

Anne and the agents turned to walk away as Adrian ran after them.

"Lady, listen. I bought trucks for this job, hired a crew." Toomes grabbed Anne's arm making her stop and push his hand off her forearm, "These guys have a family. I have a daughter and son to look after, you can't do this to me."

"I'm sorry, sir. There's nothing I can do." Anne sighed, turning on her heel and walking away with the other agents.

"Fuck you!" Adrian spat at her back.

Anne didn't even turn to look at Adrian over her shoulder, "If you have a problem, take it up with my superior."

"And who the hell is that?!" Adrian scoffed.

"A joint venture between Stark Industries and the federal government, the Department of Damage Control will oversee the collection and storage of alien and other exotic materials."

Adrian shook his head at the new lady on television, "So now the assholes who made the mess are getting paid to clean it up. Of fucking course."

"It's rigged." Mason, another worker, stated.

"Experts estimate there are over fifteen hundred tons of exotic material scattered throughout the tri-state area."

"Shame too, we could have made some cool stuff." Mason sighed sadly.

"Yo, boss. We still got that truck from yesterday don't we?" Brice smirked at Adrian who grinned back.

"You know, who knows if these aliens are going to come back, and without the avengers this time. I say we keep it. Make our own protection. The world is changing, boys. It's time we change too." Adrian smirked as he thought of the bright future he could start making again for his kids. Toomes should have known there was something coming the first time when his hours started getting cut, making it impossible to pay the bills.