3.6

THIRD PERSON POV

"I can finish this next order, but without those parts from the truck.." Mason, one of Toomes weapons mechanics sighed.

"Damn it!" Adrian hissed throwing a wrench across the room, "We still have enough to do that Gargan deal, right?"

Mason nodded, "Yeah."

"Aye, boss!" Shocker called, "Look at this."

"Earlier today in Washington DC, we see a man dressed up in a red and blue costume save a group of teens on a high school trip. The elevator in the Washington monument malfunctioned, although experts don't know why. Thankfully all the students and teachers are safe and nobody was injured." The news casters on the television read off the afternoon report.

"Isn't your daughter in Washington?" Shocker asked Toomes.

"Yeah." Toomes replied pulling out his phone to call his daughter, "I'm still going to kill that bug, I don't care if he saved my daughter."

PETERS POV

"Oh thank god, Peter." Aunt May sighed in relief running over to me and embracing me near the school buses.

"Are you okay?" May asked looking me up and down, checking for injuries.

I nodded, "I'm fine May."

May nodded, kissing my forehead. I watched her go over to y/n and give the girl a big hug. I felt bad for y/n, knowing her dad traveled a lot now so he couldn't be here. I'm just glad she's okay and I was able to get to her in time.

"Peter, y/n is staying over so you're sleeping on the couch tonight." May told me as her and y/n walked over. I nodded, smiling softly at y/n.

The car ride was silent all the way back to the apartment. I was exhausted but my mind was racing at the same time. I just wanted to catch this vulture guy as fast as possible so I can get back to spending more time with my friends, y/n especially because she didn't know my secret.

"If you're hungry, there's some food in the fridge. Please, help yourself." Aunt May told y/n.

"Thank you, May." Y/n smiled weakly kicking off her shoes.

"I'm just glad you both are alright." My aunt sighed hugging us again, "Well, I'm going to go to bed. Peter, couch. All night. I mean it. No funny business."

"Night May!" I said loudly to save myself from even more embarrassment.

"Pretty scary what happened today." I scratched the back of my neck as we stood in the living room.

Y/n nodded, "Yeah... Where were you today? It's not like you to just wander off."

"Something came up." I shrugged.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "We were in Washington, Peter. Did Stark call or something?"

"Not.. exactly. Look, it's hard to explain, okay?"

"I feel like it's not, you just don't want to tell me. Peter, you know I'm not going to judge you." Y/n ran her fingers through her messy y/h/c, making her look ten times more attractive.

"Why can't you just let this go? I've never pressured you to tell me anything before, so why can't you just let me tell you when I'm ready?!" I snapped, taking y/n off guard.

Y/n licked her lips, her shoulders sagging lightly, "I'm sorry. I'm going to go get a blanket."

Y/n quickly brushed past me to grab herself a blanket we kept in the closet, while I dragged my hands down my face. Why did I always have to mess everything up? I didn't even mean to get upset, I've just been so tired and on edge I shouldn't have taken it out on her.