2.7

YOUR POV

The last bell rang for the day as the students quickly left the classroom. I gathered my things gradually so I wouldn't get trampled trying to leave.

I yawned as I stood up, running my fingers through my brushed hair.

"You good? You've been nodding off all class period." MJ nudged me and I groggily nodded my head.

"Yeah," I replied as we walked towards our lockers, "I think my dads having trouble paying the bills and doesn't want to tell me."

"How long has it been happening? I'm sure he doesn't want to worry you."

I shrugged fiddling with the lock on my locker, "a few days maybe? I don't know." I sighed heavily, "but I decided to get a second job."

"hey guys! Whatcha talking about?" Ned grinned while him and Peter walked over, Peter smiling at me.

"Y/ns got a second job." MJ said.

"Really? Why and where?" Ned pressed.

"My dads having trouble paying the bills." I mumbled, "I take pictures for the Daily Bugle."

"If you ever need a model, I'm your guy!" Ned made the duck face, jutting one of his hips out as he posed for me.

I shook my head with a ghost of smile while I continued to grab the books I needed for homework.

"Hey." Peter smiled leaning against the lockers near mine.

I giggled, "Hello."

"Doing anything after this?"

I shook my head, "Nope. Just homework but I'm going to procrastinate until the last possible second to do this."

"Good!" Peter grinned, "it's about time I show you around the city."

"Ooo are you guys going on a date?" Ned through this arms over Peter and Is shoulders.

"Awe they're blushing." MJ cooed, "my wittle Parker is leaving the nest."

I cackled shutting my locker seeing a rosy tint on Peters cheeks.

"Come on, Ned." MJ grabbed the chubby boy, "let's let the lovebirds have their alone time. Just remember, don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"But there's nothing you wouldn't do." Peter and I giggled.

MJ hummed, "Fair point. Text me after. Come on, Ned."

Peter and I lightly laughed to ourselves as we left the school.

[...]

"This bagel is so good." I moaned swallowing the bite I had before taking another one.

"Y-yeah. It's amazing." Peters face flushed. "When I was little, May, Ben and I would come here everyday Saturday for breakfast. I guess it kinda stopped after my uncle passed."

I frowned, "maybe you should bring it up again, I'm sure May would love that."

"Maybe I will." Peter grinned, "I always feel like I need to spend more time with her. Thanks y/n."

"You're welcome." I said before taking my last bite of the exquisite bread. "So, where to next?"

Peter swallowed his food before speaking, "Well since I know how much you love art, I was thinking the museum. Unless of course that's a bad idea and you want to go somewhere else." He chuckled nervously scratching the back of his neck, and just like that the confidence he had wavering.