1.12

YOUR POV

A week later

I groaned tiredly as I rolled onto my back, staring at my ceiling as a few cars whizzed by outside. I couldn't sleep and the clock on my phone told me it was three in the morning. I was going back to school tomorrow and i was anxious. I knew people were going to stare at me all over again and whisper about me. At least I had Peter and the others.

I still wasn't back to normal, still feeling the loss of my mother. My depression seemed to have its moments where it would go into hiding and then pop out, making me feel tired and worthless. Those days I just wanted to sleep and cry and scream. I did. I just did it inside so nobody would know.

With a huff, I unlocked my phone and scrolled to Peters contact, my thumb hovering over the FaceTime button. I pressed it and a black screen appeared as it rang his phone. I almost wanted to just hang up but I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and I just wanted someone to talk to. I felt selfish, though. Peter was probably sleeping peacefully and I-

"Y/n?" Peter asked groggily, "Are you okay? Did something happen?" His eyes became more awake though I could still see him rubbing them in his dimly lit room.

"I'm.." I'm fine. I wanted to say but I wasn't fine and I knew that peter knew that but wasn't going to press me on it. "I'm... I don't know how to describe how I'm feeling. I just know that I'm not okay." I emphasized.

"I'm sorry." I groaned running my fingers through my tangled hair, "I shouldn't have called you."

"No, no. Don't apologize." Peter rasped, "It's only... three in the morning. I told you I'd be here if you needed me. We can talk or we can sit in silence, I don't care as long as I know you're safe."

My lips quirked back into a soft grin at how kind and cute this boy was, "I'm ready to talk about stuff." I admitted.

"Okay." Peter hummed. "I won't interrupt."

I let out a heavy sigh and adjusted myself so I was sitting up against my headboard, pulling the thick warm blanket closer to my body.

"My mother she, uh.. she passed away. It was an o-overdose." My eyes welled up with tears as Peters face became blurry, "She left me a note and I read it and I couldn't help but feel like its my fault that she's gone. If I hadn't of left to come here she would still be alive and I know I don't know that for sure, but Peter..." I whimpered.

I sniffled as I took a moment to collect myself, "She said goodbye in the letter and part of me wishes she didn't and the other part is happy she was sober enough to acknowledge me and everything that I had ever done for her. I just feel like I failed, you know? I tried to help her get her life together and then she goes and does this! I'm angry at her and I feel like I have no right to be angry at her because she's knows she fucked up and was too far gone to fix anything but I just wish she tried!"

"Maybe she was afraid to mess that up too." Peter said quietly, "I hated my Uncle Ben for always trying to play the role of my dad. He wasn't my dad and he never would be in my eyes. He tried too hard and when he was shot and killed, I felt awful. The last thing I said to him was I hated him when all he ever did was try and raise me right. Maybe your mother was afraid that if she tried to get you back after you left, she would only mess things up more. That you would hate her for trying to take this away from you."

"I know what happened with your mom is not your fault. This could have happened even when you were still there and I'm so sorry that you're going through this. You're strong, y/n."

"Thanks, Pete." I sniffled, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Peter smiled at me, "Anything else I can do?"

"Can you stay on the line till I fall asleep?" I yawned into my hand.

"Of course."

I smiled sleepily at my best friend, curling myself into a ball and wrapping the blanket closer to my body after I set my phone on my bedside table.

"Goodnight, y/n." Peter whispered softly and I smiled subconsciously before drifting off.

-

Another short chapter 😬
Hope this was good though and the pace isn't going too slow lol

It's too early in the story to tell, but idk if I'll write smut or not buttt if that's something you want I'm sure I can come up with something

Anywhore, I love you all and if you need anything my messages are always open :)

❤️❤️❤️