Two.

I knew as I walked out slamming the door that I shouldn't have done that. All she was trying to say was if he couldn't accept who I was and what my family was then he didn't deserve to be with me. I walked over towards the picnic table wrapped in my thoughts about what my mother had said. I hated the thought that she could be right, my mother always had this habit of meddling in my business even when I was a teenager. I sigh wanting to split right now and head straight down to Santo Padre, but I knew I was overreacting, totally blowing this whole thing out of proportion. "You okay," My brother questions sitting beside me, pulling out a cigarette. "Just frustrated with our mother," I shook my head," She's always fucking meddling Jax. She can't just leave it be and let me be happy about something. Instead, she has to mindfuck the situation which causes me to doubt the whole thing."

"What happened this time Ronnie," He questions taking a drag from his cigarette. "I'm seeing this guy," I smile thinking about him," mom stated if you are too ashamed of bringing him to the house to meet us then he isn't worth it. " She has a point," Jax spoke looking at me," look baby sister I don't know much about what's going on, but you know yourself you don't have a good track record for awesome guys." "Like you have any room to talk," I said defensively," first Wendy, then Tara I mean it seems like maybe mom should be meddling in your shit."  Jax gets up I knew the comment got under his skin," you know what you're own with this." He leaves me alone to sit in my thoughts.

The thing was Nestor and I grew up in two very different worlds. I was used to living on the rougher end of the neighborhood, he was the total opposite, I went to an Ivy League college that I basically busted my ass to get into while he chose the military. He was more refined and enjoyed the nicer things in life while I, on the other hand, had grease on my cheek and dirt under my nails as I worked on bikes with my dad before he died. "This couldn't work out," I thought to myself upset by the situation. I felt stupid, knowing I had this bad habit of falling for the wrong guy. I mean I honestly thought we would have been perfect together, but what was I thinking. I couldn't tell you how long I sat alone, thinking to myself. I decided to make the call, hoping he'd answer.

"Hermosa," his voice sounded busy I knew I must have called in a bad time. Instead of answering I just hung up, feeling cold on the inside. It shouldn't matter what my family thought, if I loved him then that's all that should matter. Tears filled my eyes with disappointment, "Could my mother and brother be possibly correct?" was the thought that crossed my mind," am I just not good enough for a guy to just love me for me?" I get up heading inside the club, drying my tears and heading to the bar. "Bartender," I spoke with a friendly smile," could I get a beer please." "What kind honey," he questions looking at me with eyes of desire, I knew this guy had to be new. "Blue Moon with an orange slice please," I answer sitting quietly feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Here you go," he smiles," enjoy sweetheart let me know if you need anything else. I sat drinking my beer, it was delicious with a kind of citrusy taste mixed with hops that tickled my tastebuds, I was lost in my thoughts again until I felt the buzz inside my pocket. I pulled it out realizing Nestor was calling me. "Hello," I spoke sipping my beer trying to pretend that I was totally fine and not bothered by the conversation I had with two of my family members.

"Hermosa," He interrupted my thoughts," you called, is everything okay?" "Yeah," I lied," I wanted to let you know that I made it to Charming safely. "I'm glad you made it safe mi Hermosa," I could tell he seemed distracted by something. "Look I'll be staying with my folks for a little bit until I can get a place some in Santo Padre. I was wondering if you wanted to go to my family's Sunday dinner. It's like this traditional thing." "I wouldn't see why not," I smiled feeling a wash of relief," just send me the details okay." "Okay baby," I replied," Te Quiero mi amor," I was attempting to work on learning Spanish. "Te Quiero mi Hermosa," he replies," I need to go." The phone grows silent leaving me to sit drinking my beer. "Oh Jax," I saw him walking by," Um the boyfriend is coming to family dinner." "Awesome," he tone was short as he left outside without as much of another word. I sat for hours just nursing a beer before heading out, getting a ride from a prospect to my mother's home. "Ma," I yelled once I enter inside," Clay anyone here?" "In our room honey," My mother's voice spoke from upstairs. I followed upstairs walking passed my room towards her at the end of the house. "So Nestor," I leaned against her door," he's coming to family dinner." "Good," she seemed happier all cuddle with Clay, my stepfather," I'm going to just head to bead. I've got a lot to do tomorrow," with that I left back into my old room, where not a thing was changed. Still the same dark grey walls, dark hardwood floors with a large queen size bed. I fell upon the bed wrapping into the blankets before passing out.

                                                                     *          *             *           *

The days passed into a blur, I had finally managed to snag a studio apartment in Santo Padre with a full bathroom. It wasn't the greatest place to live, but I knew it was on Mayan territory and close to the scrapyard when I needed to do business. I was thrilled to have my own space again despite the fact it was smaller than my beach home in Miami. I decided to call Nestor to see if he was still coming for family dinner and to share my amazing news. "Hello," he spoke as if he was busy again. I knew his work took a lot of his time, but he just seemed a bit more distant now that I was closer to where he was. "Hey Guapo," I smile attempting to arranged my boxes from where I had my stuff stored," I got excellent news."

"You do," his voice seemed unsure," Yeah I got a place. It's on Mayan turf so I can do business with them and remain safe." "I thought you were going to move closer to where Emily and Miguel were," I couldn't understand why in the hell he couldn't be happy for me. "Because this place was in a much cheaper price range," I wanted to argue but decided against it," are you still coming to dinner tonight? Maybe you can spend the night and help me move tomorrow." "Yeah, I'll be there," I could hear the car door open in the background," was actually heading over now. "Okay," I hung up feeling a bit distant," I love you," he didn't reply hanging up. I wasn't sure what his deal was. Maybe he was just stressed from the work overload or maybe it was something more.

I felt anxious walking downstairs to help mom out with preparing, "Oh there you are," my mom spoke," we're having roast tonight," she was in the middle of cooking," can you set the table  and while you're at it make your famous cake please." "Gotcha," I reply gathering the ingredients to make a spice cake with a brown buttercream frosting with hints of spice blended into it. Baking it was a hobby of mine that kept me focused and calm. I had always baked something for family dinners since I was a young girl except now I made them alone.

By the time I had the frosting made and the cake out cooling our guest was already showing up.I ended up getting help from Donna Winston, Opie's Wife, for setting the table. The men stayed out of the room talking shop while the kids ran wild, "Veronica," Tig yells," there's a guy out here dressed to the nines outside waiting on you. "Be there in a second, I had a little flour on my cheek, I finished the icing of the cake. I walked outside once to see Nestor once  I was happy with how it looked seeing Nestor. He was handsome, dressed in a pinstriped dress shirt, his yellow-tinted glasses in his pocket, and a black jacket, the usual slacks, and shoes. I, on the other hand, hadn't even gotten dressed, I was still in a white crop top shirt with a pair of jean overalls shorts, barefooted. My hair in a messy bun with a bandana wrapped around and no makeup. "Hey," I leaned in kissing him feeling his arms wrapped around me. "You have flour on your cheek," I knew something was bothering him I grabbed his hand," come on meet my folks."

I lead him inside and the whole place grows silent," Everyone this is Nestor Oceteva," I smile holding his hand tighter," babe this is Jax, my older brother, his best friend, Opie, Tig," I pause to catch my breath," Happy, Juice, My mother, Gemma, my stepfather, Clay, that's Chibs, my godfather, " I continue, and Bobby. "Hello," He spoke quietly pulling out a seat for me I could feel the tension in the air, some drama was brewing, but I wasn't sure what. By the time dessert came around, all hell broke loose between Jax and Clay as a fight broke out. "Guys stop," I felt mortified," Ma! Make them Stop!" The guys intervene in breaking them apart as I stood there upset by all the chaos. I walked outside upset trying to catch my breath, I was mortified until I saw Nestor walking out with keys in his hand.

"Nestor," I spoke catching up to him," I am so sorry that wasn't supposed to happen." Panic rose I knew he was about to leave," talk to me please," I snap," stop closing up on me." "Your family is a bunch of white trash bikers," his voice was cold as he looked at me," look you know this isn't going to work for us. I like you a lot Veronica, but your family is a bit much." "A bit much," I could feel the tears in my eyes," you're dating me not my family," my voice laced with venom," what you think I'm just white trash too." "I didn't say that," his voice was annoyed," look I can't involve with SAMCRO. We live totally two different lifestyles that's all let's just leave it at that." He kisses my cheek," it's over," and he leaves driving off leaving me alone.