Six.

|Veronica|

"You need to come home Veronica," my mother's voice spoke interrupting my thoughts," this place is just too dangerous." I was too wrapped into my thoughts to even acknowledge whatever she was saying. I could still remember seeing my father and Thomas encouraging me to just let go. "Veronica," my mother snaps her fingers at me getting my attention," are you even listening? You almost died, baby you need to come home."  "Mom," I look at her my voice still sore from the breathing tube," I can't I've got too much here." "Baby girl," she looks me concerned," you need to leave though. You almost died Veronica. You were barely on the edge."

I sit in silence thinking to myself about the possible situation. If I returned to Charming I still be in the same danger, but just a different form. "That's not the point," I was getting annoyed I could understand she was afraid," look if I go back to Charming I'll still be in danger one way or another SAMCRO will get us into some fucked up situation that will get us killed." "Veronica-," "No I'm not leaving end of story," I raise up, my tone sharp as broken glass," I love you ma I know you care, but I can't afford to give up this opportunity to fear. You raised me better than that." "I didn't raise you to be stupid," She snaps back,"I raised you to use that damn head of yours." "Tough," I argue trying to get out of bed only to fall upon the cold tile floor.

"Shit," I groaned trying to raise up, I was just too weak, flashbacks flooded my memories of the night of the attack, lying on the ground with a warm liquid dripping from my chest. I didn't realized I was screaming until I felt Nestor picking me up setting me on the bed. "Hermosa," he spoke softly," look at me please." His hands lifting up touching my cheeks directing my attention to him. "Nestor," I cried," I couldn't save the baby," my body was shaking," I couldn't save Emily." "Emily is fine amor," he spoke softly," Cristobal will be okay," his lips press against mine, pulling me into his arms as I continue to cry uncontrollably. I couldn't breath, panic had risen within me as I fell apart.

All my mother could do was sit there unimpressed, I knew she disapproved of the relationship. I couldn't help that I was in love with him, I know she thinks otherwise, but there was something so familiar and yet comforting. "I tried to stop them," I cried in his arms as he held me,"it was a little girl and some older guy mid to late thirties, kid was wearing a mouse mask." My whole body was shaking uncontrollably. A nurse walks in calmly holding a syringe, injecting it into my IV, everything began to become hazy, I started to become more relaxed.

|Nestor|

"It's going to be okay baby," I whispered to her as she clung to my chest, her tears wetting my shirt," Emily is fine and Cristobal will be found."She finally fell asleep after the nurse put in some anti-anxiety medication to relax her nerves, I  knew she was a fucking wreck, I hated seeing her like this. "This is your fault," Gemma snaps in disgust," if you would have just stayed gone maybe she wouldn't of ended up almost dead in the fucking hospital." I get up grabbing her by the arm roughly slinging her outside," I don't appreciate much of your accusations." "Is it really an accusation though," Gemma looks at me jerking her hand away," I mean she's now involve in this cartel bullshit." I look over seeing Miguel pushing Emily in a wheelchair looking over curiously," you know your son is just as deep into this business as your daughter is."

"That's different," Gemma replies in a matter of fact attitude," my daughter should be an old lady not some Cartel whore." I tensed up hearing this turning towards her looking at her disgusted,"She's not a Cartel whore. How dare you speak of something you are completely clueless," my tone was slightly raised, I did everything in my power not to hit this woman," besides your just an old lady, stay out of shit that doesn't concern you." Before Gemma could even replied I walked up the hall to see Emily being pushed out by Miguel," that bitch down there needs to watch it," I looked in her direction still angry," she needs to know her place." "Stay out of it Nestor," Miguel looks over in the direction as we see Bishop and Marcus walking in our direction with a concerned look on their faces.

"How is she," Marcus Alvarez questions I could see the look of concern on Bishop and his faces. It was weird I know that Veronica didn't have many interactions with the Mayans, but for some odd reason they seemed to have taken her in under their wing. "Stable," I answer leading them to her room after exchanging goodbyes with Miguel whom was taking Emily home," she just had a sedative after a panic attack. Doctors are surprised she even survived." I sigh feeling my phone vibrate I had to get back to work as head of security," if you guys don't mind can we have someone stay with her at all times?" "Yeah that's not a problem," Bishop answers looking over at her," I have some of my guys working on leads to find whom did this to her and Emily." "Good," I start to walk out," you know how to reach me." I walked outside finally getting a breath of air, I knew I needed to focus on the task at hand which was to find that baby or else all hell would break lose.