Three.

After the breakup, I knew I had to push forward, I couldn't let the pain from my heart get in the way with work. Sure maybe Nestor had his "reasons" to dump me, but I knew I was better off without him. I decided to concentrate on working on my move into my new apartment, I was busy at work unpacking boxes when a group of men decided to drop by. "Can I help you gentleman," I looked over grabbing a box from the moving van. "Are you Veronica Teller," the man with mustache a soul patch questions. "And you are," I raise an eyebrow keeping my guard up, I knew deep down that they were Mayans, the ones I'd be doing business with, but I wanted to keep them from an arms reach just in case.

"Obispo Losa," He holds out a hand to help me with a heavy box," but you can call me Bishop." "Okay," I wasn't impressed," and the rest of your merry crew?" Bishop points to the tallest member," that's Angel, the big guy over there is Gilly, the skinny fellow with the crooked nose is CoCo and that is EZ, our prospect." I nod gathering my thoughts," Look gentleman it's been a rough few days. I have been moving nonstop," I answer feeling a headache brewing," I told Mr. Galindo I would meet you the first of next week." "That's not it," Bishop interrupts," look we know you are new to the area. You probably want something familiar and since you don't live far from the scrap yard a few of my guys and I are wanting to help. Think of it as a warm welcome," he smiles at me. "very well," I mumbled showing them where everything was.

We managed to move everything inside in just a matter of hours, I ended up buying a large pizza and a case of beer to thank my moving heroes. I sat with a beer in hand, my legs crossed as I watched the guys interact among each other. It sort of reminded me of SAMCRO back at home where I would chill by the bar watching Hap or Chibs play pool or Bobby talking to a bunch of croweaters. It was a brotherhood that these men had no matter what kutte they wore. "Thanks for the help guys," I quietly spoke getting up tossing my beer in the trash. "It's not a big deal," Coco spoke," Marcus put in a good word for you." "I figured he would," I had always liked Marcus Alvarez and after befriending his son, Esai, I had gotten pretty close to his family.

By the end of the night it was just Bishop and me alone, cleaning up the mess from the move and remnants of dinner. "How's Marcus and Diana," I question softly picking up the beers from the coffee table, I knew the couple had just buried their son, Esai a few years ago. I had also just found out that Bishop was Marcus's cousin whom I've encountered last at Esai's funeral. "They seem okay," Bishop answers looking over at me," I heard you actually were close to Esai." "Yeah," I smile feeling a little sad," he and I were close friends growing up. When he died I didn't think I'd ever get over it. I ended up actually moving to Miami right after he died." "You were the one that Diana talked about all the time then," he walks over," the girl that he was in love with." "I guess," I sigh taking a deep breath sipping another beer. "Yeah I suppose," I felt my phone vibrating noticing it was Nestor, tears filled my eyes. "You okay," he looks over towards me kind of concerned. Between Esai and Nestor I was emotionally drained.

"Ex-Boyfriend," I answer," he just dumped me because of bullshit social classes." "That's shitty,"Bishop sips his beer. "Right," I laugh,"  he went to meet my folks which you know how it is being apart of an MC. He didn't seem to care for that way of life, called them white trash. I took it kind of personal so when he dumped me it was kind of like breathing again." "I see then why are you getting teary," Bishop sits beside me, drying my tear with his hand I turn away drying the rest of my tears," it's just," I pause looking at him," I've not talked to anyone about Esai Alvarez. Once he died I just buried those emotions." "Understandable," his tone filled me with comfort as he pushes my hair back," as for the ex-boyfriend he's a prick." I start to giggle smiling at him it was the first conversation I had with anyone in a long time. "Bishop," I look at him finding comfort into his dark brown eyes. "What," he leans forward our lips almost touching, I was tempted he was right there," thank you," I pulled away feeling the heat from my face," it's getting late." "You're right," he gets up," well I'll leave my number for you call me anytime Veronica," he leaves without much a world.

"What the hell was I doing," I thought to myself debating on calling Nestor back, I had just gotten out of a relationship and here I was kissing close to a complete stranger. I picked up my phone making the call," Hey," Nestor spoke," did you get your stuff moved in I was wanting to drop by we need to talk." I had a gut feeling this had something to do with the family dinner that he dumped me at. "Sure," I sigh hanging up  not really sure if I wanted to see him all I kept thinking was of Bishop and our conversation of Esai. God how I missed being around him, Esai had this positive energy to him. An energy that I've always missed.

I get up gathering the rest of the leftover boxes, the newspapers that lingered everywhere and whatever else that lingered in the rooms. It didn't take too long for I heard a knock on my door I walked over answering it seeing Nestor standing there. "Come on in," I replied holding back any emotion," would you like a water or beer?" "Neither I'm good," he looks over at his surroundings probably judging my room," place looks nicer than I thought." "Did you just come here to be a judgy asshole," I snap," or did you seriously want to talk?" "Look I'm sorry for what happened over the weekend," he looks at me," I still care about you and want us to work. I have a lot on my plate and realized I've been treating you like utter shit." I turn away unsure of what to say to him, confusion overwhelmed me mixed with the pain.

"You want to stay tonight," I offered feeling Nestor wrap his arms,"yeah," his voice was quiet he turns me around kissing me deeply with passion. I knew he was sorry for treating me like shit, he wanted to prove that point that I was worth so much more.  I wasn't sure how we ended up in bed together, one minute we were kissing the next the clothes slide off. Afterwards I was left feeling numb, I knew I still had feelings for him, but I couldn't get what he said out of my head. "Everything okay," he whispers pulling me close, kissing my shoulders. "Yeah," I lie kissing him," let's go to bed," I snuggled close to him falling asleep.