Twelve

|Bishop|

 A few weeks passed since Veronica's passing and everything felt surreal. I didn't even bothered going to the funeral, it was still too raw to know that she was gone. I just kept repeating the last moments of her life over and over again thinking there was something I could have done to save her. All I could recall was the loss of so much blood, the life in her eyes just slowly slipping away, it broke a piece of me. I took a deep breath standing by her grave stone, laying a simple rose upon her grave. " I love you querida," I whispered to myself seeing a crow sitting upon her tombstone. It was like it was her way of telling me things were going to be okay.

What I didn't realize was Nestor standing not to far away also holding a single red rose. I got to thinking he was feeling guilty of killing her. It took everything in my power not to put a bullet in his head as he walked up, laying the rose  across mine. "She was loved," he spoke numbly as silence filled between us. "Why the fuck did you do it," I snapped looking at him, anger engulfed me," why would you hurt her if you so called loved her." "I was weak," Nestor answers with honesty," I cared more about following orders then putting my wants first. What I did was unforgivable. I looked at it just as business."

My fist hit his face, I put every bit of force in it as I proceeded to beat the shit out of the man whom took the woman I loved. "Business," I hit him again, blood pouring from Nestor's face," she was just business to you?!" I couldn't stop hitting him until I heard some of my fellow brothers pulling me off of him. "Hey Bish," Angel spoke," look man I know you're hurting and that this piece of shit did it, but you can't afford to kill him." I spit in Nestor direction before walking off towards our bikes. "Thanks Angel," I replied knowing my knuckles were going to be bruised. "Oh here," Angel hands me an envelope," this was from a prospect from SAMCRO. He specifically said to give this too you." I take it sliding it into my kutte before we head back to Santo Padre.

The drive felt like it took forever, but by the time we arrive I was happy to be home. I walked inside the clubhouse heading inside  towards the bar where Chuckie poured me a glass as I pulled out the envelope from my pocket. I tour it open noticing it was Veronica's handwriting:

Bishop,

I'm not dead. Right now you probably this is the most dumbest thing I've written, but keep reading. You're probably going to end up being super pissed in the end, but I hope you understand why I did it. As you're reading this it's probably after my fake funeral, what you don't realize it I have been watching from the sidelines all along. I needed to do this in order to break free from all the club and cartel bullshit. I needed to live my life on my own terms. So with the help from my brother we made a plan that not only keeps me in the clear to start fresh, but to also put down the Galindo cartel for good.

Now that you know you've been played I want to apologize for this. Between this sticky love triangle, the fight with my family and working with Galindo it was all a lie. Without you or Nestor none of this would of ever worked, I had to play my cards right and pretend to be this victim of a fucked up love triangle with a miserable life. I don't ask for forgiveness just for you to move one because you know I will. Keep living, be careful whom you love or you might just get played again. I hope all is well for you in the future.

Veronica

I couldn't believe what I had just read, she basically fucking lied about everything. Pain stricken my heart as I reread the letter over and over again. Who would of known that Jackson and his little sister would of came up with this. I ripped the letter up, tossing it into the trash, I was done with women at this point.

Author's Note: 

Surprise! There's only two more chapters left before the end of this tale of madness. One specifically to Veronica and the other about dear old Nestor. I hope everyone is enjoying this tale of madness because I have enjoyed writing this. Anyways keep your eyes open for Rebound it's the story after Stolen Days about Bishop healing and finding love.