Five.

|Veronica|

"So Veronica," Miguel spoke sipping his wine," business shall proceed as normal. You will be playing a double agent. Legally you'll do what you normally do as a Pharmaceutical Representative for my medical company I bought out," he puts off his business demeanor," however for the illegal side you'll be in charge of keeping the Mayans in line by making sure they deliver the heroin."

"What happens if I'm caught," I question wanting to cover my ass, I was so concentrated I moved Nestor's hand from underneath the table away from my inner thigh. "Then I'll make sure I'll have the best damn lawyers to set you free," Miguel answers with confidence," I am not going to toss you out if you get caught. I know you're generally a pretty cautious worker with attention to detail."

I nod in agreeing sipping my wine," so I'll meet them next week to discuss an efficient plan." "Also you will be working under Marcus," Miguel continues," I know you two have a history of working together and figured you'd be more comfortable with having him as your mentor." "Thank you Miguel," I spoke feeling relieved there was someone I could trust.

After dinner I followed Nestor outside," thank you for the wonderful evening," I lean towards him catching the scent of his cologne. "No problem querida" he kisses me our tongues dance as he pulled me closer to him feeling his hardness. A soft moan let out of my lips, I knew I need him now my body ached for him. "Come on let's go to my car," my hands sliding up his dress shirt, scraping his stomach with my nails," I'll make it worth your wild." "I know you would," his hands on my ass," you just wait until I get you to my place. I'll have you---" "Nestor," Miguel's tone seemed serious as he walked out with Emily," we've got some things that need to be done.

I pulled away my cheeks flushed as I adjust my dress feeling embarrassed. "Why don't Veronica ride with Emily home," Miguel suggests," I remember you mention you wanted her to stay." " Sounds like a plan if my amor doesn't mine," Nestor smiles," I can drop her car home since we've got an urgent meeting with the Mayans." "I don't mine," I embrace him again, exchange another kiss with him," I'll be waiting for you," I teased before walking off towards Emily whom was holding a sleeping Cristobal in her arms.

"He really loves you," Emily smiles looking over at me," I haven't seen you this happy since you moved over to the east coast." "I know," I looked out into the night from the window," he's amazing. I mean sure we've got our fights, but with him I don't know how to describe it." "I know the feeling with Miguel," she looks at her son," after EZ I didn't think love was possible. Then I met Miguel, we got married and well a baby later." We continue to talk about the men in our lives until the car abruptly stopped.

"Emily," there was caution in my voice as I slide my hand at my upper thigh where I had a gun holster hidden," cover the baby's ears." Before I could make my move the car door opens and a man grabs my arm slinging me out on the desert soil. I look up to see a little girl with a mouse mask pointing a gun to me. "You better make sure that bullet counts," I threaten," or else," my tone was deadly I wasn't about to be bullied around by some kid that was running this show. I could see Emily being tossed on the ground, holding on to her son for dear life. All I could hear was Emily talking to the child in Spanish. The conversation getting more heated, Emily was in tears, screaming.

I knew I needed to do something, I pulled out my gun pointing it towards one of my captors pressing the trigger. Before I knew it only two gunshots filled the air one was towards our driver and the other towards me. I could feel the piercing of the bullet as it hit my chest,the burning pain overwhelms me as I fall back onto the ground. "No please," Emily pleads," don't kill her please don't kill her I just want my baby and she was just trying to protect me." The little girl takes away Cristobal from Emily's arms and says something in Spanish again. I heard another gunshot, pain hit me again with a burning sensation as I looked up at Emily in disbelief, "those bitches," my voice was hoarse, my world was spinning I could barely hear Emily speaking to me as I laid in shock.

                                                                                     *******

All I could remember were the bright lights and unfamiliar faces that I was staring at confused by their sudden panic. "Dad? Thomas?" I laid in disbelief as I saw both my father and Thomas standing there, both their eyes grim. Fast forward and I was standing at the door dressed in the same dress from dinner, standing by the door to a room where I saw myself, laying in a hospital bed covered in wires and a breathing tube.

My mother holding my hand with tears in her eyes while Jax sat, anger and sadness filled his eyes. I saw Nestor standing aside with Miguel talking to doctors. His look was filled with worry, "Babe," I yelled with him not paying attention to me," I'm right here." I tried to put my hand on his shoulder on for it to go right through, panic sets in," I need to wake up," I took a deep breath," this is a nightmare." I looked up seeing Thomas and my father again. "Dad. Thomas," I wasn't sure what to say," daddy I can't die right now. As much as I would love to spend time with you and Thomas please I'm not ready."

One moment I was standing there the next I was awake, choking on a breathing tube as several doctors and nurses were working on me. "She's alive," one spoke," let's get her stable and that tube out. You are one lucky girl Miss Teller you were dead for a good five minutes."

Author's Note: I hope everyone is enjoying this mad tale of torn between two loves. I'm completing having a blast just writing this amazing story. Please vote. comment and spread the word. I'm super grateful to have such amazing readers out there. Thank you again.