Four.

|Nestor|

I laid there in silence, her body pressed against mine, the warmth of her skin filled me with comfort. I didn't want to leave, but knew at some point I was going to have to make my way back to the Galindo house to work. I quietly get up without waking her, dressing back into my slacks and shirt, putting on my gun holster back on. I looked over towards her smiling, this was the woman I was in love with and unfortunately I'm putting her through the ringer. A part of me wished I could be a better man for her. Another part wished I could just let her go, I knew she deserved better. I wasn't around as much I should be, work had always took up majority of my time. I leaned forward, my lips pressed against her forehead before walking away. I could feel the guilt wash over me as I left her apartment.

I headed up towards the Galindo residents with Veronica on my mind.  I didn't know if what we had was pure love or just lust. She was like a drug to me and I was addicted to her touch. I knew I needed to just focus or else someone was going to end up getting killed today. I pulled into the Galindo residents parking spot, putting the vehicle into park and shutting of the ignition. I looked at my reflection in the rear view mirror, "focus," I mumbled to myself before getting out and walking inside. The building itself was silent as I walked through the kitchen, living room over towards Galindo's office where he and Emily were. "I'll leave you two be," Emily kisses Miguel walking out shutting the doors. "How'd it go," Miguel questions looking at me as I took a deep breath. "She took me back," I answer," at the moment it's a little shaky, she's insecure for sure." "Then fix that," Miguel commands," look in order for our plan to work she needs to be madly in love with you."

"I understand," uncertainty filled  my voice, "I mean Miguel I royally fucked up with her. I called her parents biker trash, which honestly they are." I wasn't aiming to be an asshole I just knew Veronica was better than living like that. Miguel rolls his eyes shaking his head at me," stay focus on the job or I'll have someone else fill in your place. Besides I warn you not to fall for her." "I'm not in love with her," I lie through my teeth," look I have this under complete control." "Nestor I think you are lying to yourself," Miguel interrupts," look bring her to dinner tonight. I know Emily is best friends with our pharmaceutical rep, plus I can work in some work stuff with her too before we meet the Mayans in a few days." "Very well," I pull out my phone," I'll make the call inviting her unless you would prefer too." "No," Miguel moves behind his desk," you should be the one to make the call. Now I'm going to go have breakfast with my wife and son. Clean up and call her," I watched Miguel walk off towards the dining room.

I head to my room, undressing, getting into the shower all I could think of was how deep that I was in. If Veronica found out any of this information it was game over, she'd leave again and not be the one to return. The worst case scenario for this it could possibly get her killed, Jax was getting way over his head with SAMCRO it sort of made me curious how much did his baby sister truly know.

At some point the water began to run cold, I get out drying myself off, I put on some new attire, fixed my cornrows and grab my cell again. I dialed her number letting it rang until she answer, "Hello," her voice sounded like she just woke up," Hermosa," I smile imagining her still lying in bed half naked," I want you to come out to dinner tonight with me. Emily and Miguel will be there."

"Oh," I could hear her yawn, stretching before she continues," I'll be there." "I'll send you the address," I began texting I could hear her getting up probably with my guess moving to the kitchen to brew a fresh pot of coffee. "What do I wear," she questions, "something dressy?" I pause thinking to myself," yeah," I finished tying my shoes," I'll pick you up at 8-" " Actually," she interrupts," I prefer to just drive myself so send the address and time. I'll meet you over there." "That's fine," I lied again realizing this has become a new bad habit. Honestly if I had it my way I would have picked her up personally. We exchanged our goodbyes and I get started with work.

* * * *

By nightfall I stood afar watching Veronica walking up, embracing Emily. She was gorgeous wearing a simple red dress that came above the knee showing her legs. The two women leave inside arms interlock like schoolgirls as they grab a table. I followed not to far waiting on the two ladies get settled.

"Nestor," Veronica spoke happily I give a warm smile before letting Emily know Miguel would be running a little late. "Why don't you sit with us," Emily questions holding Cristobal. "Thanks," I pause, "still on duty besides you ladies need to catch up." I excuse myself watching the two women talk, Veronica playing with Cristobal. Just watching her interact with the small child kind of made me think about starting a family with her.

I stood watching shaking the idea off as Miguel walks over to me. "Come on," he walked passed kissing his wife and picking up his son. I walk over sitting beside Veronica. "Hey mi amor, " she spoke kissing me, "how was your day?" "Better now that I get some time with you."

Dinner progressed I sat quietly listening of the old stories when Emily and Veronica were in college. Damn Veronica never changed she was still the wild free spirit that she was when I met her. "Stay with me tonight," I whispered in her ear messing with the hem of her dress, touching her inner thigh teasing her. "Very well," she whispers as Emily and Miguel are distracted with a sly smile.