Chapter eight

The whole day was spent by Y/n moping around, she hadn't seen Tom all day, not after the run-in they had with Oliver. but instead of worrying, she spent the whole day pretending to not care. She spent most of her time in the library away from people, so they wouldnt ask what was up with her. Only her close friends knew where she had exactly gone, only a few knew why. lily knew the Why, where, and when. Amos had seen the confused girl wander into the library, confused as to why there were no studies that she had to do today, and he knew that because she kept track of when she studied, and today, was not one of those days. 

Amos followed her into the Library, he hadn't seen her with Riddle all day, so he thought that something happened, they got into a fight, she saw him for who he really was. But Y/n already knew who he was, he was Lord Voldemort, the monster who had tried to kill her best friend harry for ages, the guy who killed her boyfriend in the graveyard when he was just trying to win a challenge. So why was she sad about him not talking to her? he caused many people pain. But there's a voice in her head, telling her that, she needed to stop this. that was future him, she has to stop it before its too late. She has to make amends with him. Get him to open up enough so she can get everything out and get it to dumbledore so he can stop this. She cant risk anyone else dying. 

<<<

By the time Y/n was done reading that boring book she picked out, she set the book on the table and was about to get up, "a book about fairies, really L/n?" Amos asked, Y/n crossed her arms and looked up at him, "can't say I don't somewhat fancy them. fascinating creatures really" she replied, Amos, glared at her and leaned forward, pressing his hands to the table, "let's get to the point, Y/n, we both know somethings up, you have been avoiding Riddle all day" Y/n stayed quiet, she averted her eyes before Amos spoke up, "he's avoiding you," he said, voice getting quieter, "what happened?" He asked. Y/n was a bit hesitant at first, Amos sighed, "come on Y/n, nobody's here, were both friends. you can talk to me" he said, face softening. 

Y/n looked up, "yes, he's avoiding me, he's mad at me, he thinks I was on a date with that boy from drumstrang, I really wasn't, Oliver just told him we were. I tried to tell him. but he didn't believe me. and he walked away without saying anything. he's been avoiding me for a few days now" she replied. Amos nodded, "I don't understand, even if you were on a date with him, he shouldn't care, it's not like he-" before he could finish y/n cut him off, "likes me? yeah, I know" She replied, Amos shook his head, "that's it, y/n! that's it! the Emotionless Tom riddle has fallen for you" he laughed, "that explains everything! he likes you y/n, that's why he's avoiding you, cause he thinks that you wouldnt wanna see him if you have a boyfriend" he smiled, "but-" Amos shushed her, "don't say anything! just go get your man girl" 

Y/n nodded and ran out of the door, stopping and realizing, that she had no clue where he was. Y/n sighed, the halls were clearing out and the moon was shining. She got tired and slid down the wall, panting, she looked up and looked outside, not knowing where he would be at now. Then she remembered, where did Tom talk about going in a time where he wanted to get away from everything and everyone? Y/n sat there for a moment and thought about it. 

The astronomy tower

Y/n jumped to her feet and ran as fast as she could to the astronomy tower, finding the stairway to the tower, she stood at the end of the stairway, what if he didn't wanna see her? "im thinking too much" she mumbled, slowly walking up the staircase. she reached the top of the stairs to see Tom, writing in his journal. Y/n leaned against the doorway, "if you don't want people to find you, you should really find a new hiding spot" she said, stepping into the room, Tom stopped writing and looked up, "didn't think you even remembered where I said i go" He replied, Y/n stepped closer, "oh come on Tom, you know I always listen" She said, Tom stood up and turned around to face her, "you're the first" he scoffed. 

Y/n crossed her arms, "come on Tom, what's this about?" she asked, "whats, what about?" he asked, "you've been avoiding me" she said, He shrugged, "thought you were too busy with your new boyfriend to wanna talk to me" He said, Y/n groaned, "Tom! We weren't on a date. I would never go on a date with him! we were there as friends, he thought otherwise, I promise" she replied. Tom nodded, throwing his journal to the side, he walked up to her and grabbed her arm, squeezing it, she winced, but didn't say anything, "t-tom" she said. Tom looked at her, "from the day I met you, I thought it was you, I thought you were the only one who liked me for me, but when I saw you with him, all hope was lost. How do I know that you aren't telling anyone anything?" he asked, y/n felt a tear roll down from the pain, "cause if I was, you'd be in Azkaban right now" she replied, "and you're here, standing before me, living your life, killing anyone who gets in your way" she looked into his eyes, searching for any kind of remorse. 

his grip loosened a bit, but not enough, "Tom, please, let me help you" She said, pushing a strand of his hair out of his face using her free hand. Tom looked into her teary eyes, "you wanna help? help me take over this bloody world" he replied, Y/n knew what she had to do. the only way to get to him was to get close to him. this was the only way. Y/n nodded and traced her finger along his cheek, "ill do anything for you" she said, Tom looked at her surprised, he let go of her. this time grabbing the back of her neck and pulling her into him, Tom Riddle kissed her.